UITG & FANK Uniforms & headgear

pwmiraldi67

hochiminhtrail

i was wondering if we have a little bit more informations on the Khmer badge on the ERDL shirt.

heres 2 more close ups

I hope you like it as i do...

post-2571-1296548869.jpg

Cpt mc Grath is listed in Sherman's "who's who UITG/FTC" as XO - MTT2 ,date of the order 01/03/72 - 28/02/73

Hi Patrick,

I just have his complete name and nothing else,well actually I have not yet had time to try to research it.

Hello Marentius,

do you have any details of prior assignments or length of service of this man at all?

This is some shirt ! Where did you get it ? The white on blue french style captain bars are for what BOS of the FANK ?

Light blue is Infantry in the French Army.

TrenchfootJoe66

Fantastic thread guys. Keep it coming. Ive always wondered if a uniform in my collection could be a FANK piece. The original owners name is also written in script that I think may be Khmer (or Thai, never been too sure but I lean toward Khmer). Im working way out of my normal AO at the moment, when I get home Ill post a pic here and maybe you guys can solve the mystery once and for all.

JW

PS (HINT) The uniform is pictured in a much sought after and now out of print Special Forces related book.