What are you currently reading?

cutiger83

Doctorofwar
8 hours ago, huntssurplus said:

Just finished "The Last Stand of Fox Company: A True Story of U.S. Marines in Combat" by Robert Drury and Tom Clavin. It was an interesting and entertaining read. The book is about Fox Company of the 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines which took the brunt of the attack by the Chinese at the Chosin Reservoir. 

Up next is "Just Cause: The Real Story of America's High-Tech Invasion of Panama" by Malcolm McConnell. 

“The Last Stand of Fox Company” is a great read!  If you want a complimentary account of Marines at the Chosin Reservoir I would recommend “Colder than Hell” by Joseph Owen, who was featured in the Fox Co book.  

I am presently reading The Bulge And Beyond: The Things Our Fathers Saw—The Untold Stories of the World War II Generation by Matthew Rozell

image.png.891b7d5dac41ef6a6e61025d36d0dd48.png

• 1 month later...
TheCrustyBosun

Just finished Aces High by Bill Yenne. It’s the stories of Bong and McGuire and more. 

Currently reading Curtis LeMay: Strategist and Tactician by Warren Kozak

Cuba's Fight for Freedom and the War with Spain in 1898

This history book is actually two books in one volume circa 1898. A comprehensive, accurate and thrilling history of the Spanish Kingdom and its latest and fairest Colony; the long Struggle of Cuba for Freedom and Independence; the Intervention of the United States and the Fierce War with Spain that followed. A record of oppression and patriotism, of cruelty and of valor, and above all of the triumph of the Stars and Stripes.

fullsizeoutput_31fe_1545d463-ef2f-452f-9aac-b7b7a9830eb0_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Just finished the Saga of Pappy Gunn by General George C. Kenney. It’s a short read but but a wealth of information on a bonafide larger-than-life aviation legend. 

Just finished two: 'One Second After"  and "One Year After" by William R. Forstchen. Next up the The Final Day the last  book in the series but first {waiting on my copy of that to arrive] , Man In The High Castle by Philip K Dick.  Needed a break from all the history I usually read. If you haven't read One Second After, you might want to consider it.

Not currently reading but recently read and worth mentioning here:

"Alone at Dawn" by Dan Schilling and Lori Chapman Longfritz about the remarkable story of USAF Medal of Honor recipient John Chapman in Afghanistan 2002.

The only MoH action I understand that has ever been visually recorded by UAV overhead.

Jeff

"Tentative Manual for Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations" (TM EABO), dated 29 January 2021.

to be followed shortly by "Amphibious Warfare and the Composite Warfare Commander"

This is my life now, as a lifer in a time of wide-scale force design