What are you currently reading?

cutiger83

kjones5452
I am reading "This Carnival of Hell".....narratives of German Soldiers on the Somme in WW1. A very well done book....all first person accounts. Highly recommended to anyone interested in the First War and the Imperial German era.

http://www.blueacornpress.com/

You did the wise thing when you poated order info,I just checked Amazon and that bad boy

is $258 bucks and change, Thanks :thumbsup:

I'm now reading "The Pacific", which is the true story the new mini-series is based on. A lot of good first hand accounts of The Canal, Cape Glouster, Palau, the Marianas and will get into Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

• 4 weeks later...

Current ones on my night stand.

"Never Fight Fair" Navy SEAL's Stories of combat and adventure. I've read it before but good book by the man that authored "Brave men dark waters" Interestin books I read every few years.

"The Georgia Historical Quarterly" About the US governments theft of the Cherokee nation's property and driving them from their homes. A great sin against a great and honorable people that did everthing possible to resist this crime. Every new chapter I've read makes me more and more furious how we could lie and steal these good peoples property just out of greed. This fills in some of the blanks history books usually doesn't touch.

Brian Dentino

For me right now it is :

BUSHMASTERS: America's Jungle Warriors of World War II by Anthony Arthur.

158th RCT in the Pacific. I like it....good so far! :thumbsup:

For me right now it is :

BUSHMASTERS: America's Jungle Warriors of World War II by Anthony Arthur.

158th RCT in the Pacific. I like it....good so far! :thumbsup:

I have Bushmasters, read it a long time ago, and I remember it is a good read, recommended. I just bought Jugheads Behind the Lines, by Carl Noble. Noble was in the Supply Company of the 60th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division, during WWI. This is his story and account of his company, looking forward to reading it (in the mail from Penn.).

Pete

I'm now reading "The Pacific", which is the true story the new mini-series is based on. A lot of good first hand accounts of The Canal, Cape Glouster, Palau, the Marianas and will get into Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

I thought that this book was well-written and Ambrose's supporting documentation trail was extensive. While it is presented as a companion to the series, it truly stands alone as a book. I loved the stories of Shifty Shofner and "Mike" Micheel as compliments to the other characters. Nice to have a naval aviator's story woven into the theme.

If you must know, I will tell you, but I thought that it was rather obvious. I am currently reading the "What are you currently reading?" thread, on USMF.

Although I am not reading it currently, as that would be quite difficult while typing, I am reading "The Psychopathic God". It's a great book, being is a psychological profile of Adolf Hitler.

Reading FLYBOYS. I thought I new about the atrocities the japs committed during the war. This book brings to light a much darker and gruesome enemy. Very sad what happened to our boys that were captured. :(

BILL THE PATCH

Hi, right now i'm reading a unit history for the 115th inf regt. 29th div. printed in 1948 1st edition. just picked this up at the big"e" military show in springfield mass two weeks ago. reading unit historys are my favorite reading. post-11207-1276738525.jpg

Right now, I'm reading Thunder Run: The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad by David Zucchino. Excellent read.

Brian Dentino

Now back to a classic....Silent Wings.....rereading for the 3rd time.....havent made it to the library lately. BTW, Bushmasters is a really good read! :thumbsup:

Corpl. Cleaver

Reading A General's Life by General Omar N. Bradly

Just read Tales of the Himalayas by Dr. Carl Frey Constein. He flew the "Hum" in WW2, the book is filled with stories from other men who served in the CBI theatre.

Another great book by him is Born to Fly the Hump all about his time in the service. Both are great books.

Tyler

willysmb44

Right now I’m reading, “Welcome to Vietnam, Macho Man” by Ernest Spencer. I love his writing style, which is very similar to Gustav Hasford (the guy who wrote the two novels that “Full metal Jacket” was based on). It’s like you’re sitting in a room talking with the man. Great first-person account of being a Company-Grade Marine officer at Khe Sanh. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

White Devil by Stephen Brumwell. It's about Major Robert Rogers and his raid on the Abenaki village of St Francis during the French and Indian War(Seven Years War)

After seeing the "B-29 Frozen in Time" documentary for the first time last week on PBS NOVA, I'm currently reading "Hunting Warbirds - the obsessive quest for the lost aircraft of world war II", by Carl Hoffman

W-A-Y better than the broadcast, hard to put it down. :w00t: