1/6 scale 1874 and 1885 saddle

CesarD

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post my one sixth cavalry saddles from the Civil war and Indian wars. Thanks for looking.

Semper Fi,

Cesar

post-5896-1239136922.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. I have an 1847 Grimsley I'm currently working on, so when thats complete I'll post pictures of it. I'm working my way around all the American saddles.

Semper Fi!

Cesar

Beautiful saddles Cesar, keep up the good work!

teufelhunde.ret

Cesar, very unique!!! Do you have any views of these "in work" and or picture with something in "life scale" so we can get a sense of what the 1/6th scale looks like. Where did you ever find the brass, chain, canteen and sword... handmade? s/f Darrell

Actually I don't. I used to have a pic of me holding it in my hand. I could easily photograph one and send it. 1/6 scale is action figure or GI Joe size. See the photo of my cast cavalry stirrups. That should give you an idea. If you spend enough time on google you'll find things like chains and brass. I just started havng some of my brass detail cast in pewter. Saves me lots of time. Then I paint it. The canteen I used to make it from scratch from button covers but theres a place that supplies 1/6 scale enthusiasts and makes the canteen, besides other things I use. For example the sharps or springfield carbine and swords. I used to make the whole thing from scratch but now I have some of it made for me.s

Cesar, very unique!!! Do you have any views of these "in work" and or picture with something in "life scale" so we can get a sense of what the 1/6th scale looks like. Where did you ever find the brass, chain, canteen and sword... handmade? s/f Darrell

post-5896-1239220815.jpg

Yes Sir. Everything is leather. The tree is resin cast and for the later saddles I cover it with very thin leather. The hardware is brass cast pieces and some of it is photoetch. Thanks for looking and for all the compliments.

S/F Cesar

That is beautiful work. Great details, what material do you use? Is that leather?

I thought it was leather, it has that leather look to it, it looks so much better than vinyl or some faux leather. It's beautiful work, crisp and exact. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Theres a place in the midwest, thats been breeding smaller and smaller cows. Its alot cheaper to buy a 1/6 scale hide as opposed to a fullscale hide. Well it comes out to 1/6th the price, wouldn't you know. :unsure:

So where do you get the 1/6th scale cows? :)