M1967 20 & 30 Round Mag Pouches

pezboy

Hello,

I have a pair of 20 round M1967 mag pouches with a dsa date of 68. They have metal snaps on the grenade retention straps.

I also have a pair of 30 round M1967 mag pouches with a dsa date of 68. They have plastic snaps on the grenade retention straps.

Is this the setup on all of the pouches or did they come with either plastic OR metal snaps?

Thanks,

Dustin

craig_pickrall

Prior to your post i thought the plastic snaps were early production M67 and the metal replaced them on later production. Your info seems to contridict that.

Given that the setting tools would be different between the metal and plastic snap fasteners, it could have been any one of a number of production related reasons, or something of that sort. I've seen both metal and plastic snaps on the items you've mentioned as well but have never given it much thought. A good deal of the plastic snaps I've seen have been broken, as well, so it's possible that at least some of the metal snaps were repairs.

I was thinking about it and maybe the 20 round pouches have metal snaps since the webbing they are attached to is too thick for plastic snaps. So, the question is does anyone have a 20 round mag with plastic snaps or a 30 round mag with metal snaps?

Dustin