German made patches

Proud Kraut

Hi Lars!

I found two more patches where I supposes there could be German made as well.

I'am almost sure with the 11th Abn. but please take a look.

All the best !

Mike

Mike, there has been some discussion about this patch. It looks like German made, but when made? The 11th Abn Div served in Germany 1956-1958. It returned to the states then and was reactivated for a brief time in the 1960's (Air Assault test). German-Patch-Hunter, who knows much more about German mades than me, believes it to be a repro. I'm unsure about this, because it would be the only InfDiv repro on wool, I know of... :think:

Hi

I don't know maybe maybe not?

What makes me a litle bit doubting about a repro is the fact that I got this patch from a good buddy who had this since 25+ years in his owen collection?

Lets hear some other opinions!?

BTW. you have a outstanding patch collection!!

Regards

Mike

Mike, thanks for you compliment! I have no clue where the Ranger tab was made even if it is an original. Maybe others can help out....

For all of those, who wants to know if their patches are German mades, I would like to post some of my patches for comparison.

A - the Average basket weave

These patches look like standard U.S. cut edge patches at the first glance.

A1.jpg

Another close up. Now you have some examples to compare with. A,B,C or D; if your patch shows some of these characteristics there is a chance that it is a German made. Finally German basket weave patches appear to be "thiner" than the more stiff (unused) U.S. mades. However, experiance is the key... happy hunting!!! ;)

Lars

D4.jpg

Another close up. Now you have some examples to compare with. A,B,C or D; if your patch shows some of these characteristics there is a chance that it is a German made. Finally German basket weave patches appear to be "thiner" than the more stiff (unused) U.S. mades. However, experiance is the key... happy hunting!!! ;)

Lars

Hi Lars

Thanks excellent explanation , description you have nailed it for me please reveiw the following

close up of obverse 9th ID ,95th ID smaller than normal

post-7582-1252112183.jpg

Hi Lars

Thanks excellent explanation , description you have nailed it for me please reveiw the following

close up of obverse 9th ID ,95th ID smaller than normal

Reverse close up