BORE Brush

sharpsshooter

sharpsshooter

I recently found a bore brush still in its original bag. It is about 5 inches long and thicker then a 12/10 guage shotgun bore brush. The paper in the bag has the following 1005-722-5087 BRUSH 1 EA A 7/67 T4 The seller said that it is either 22MM or 27MM I looked in my book VIETNAM WAR COLLECTIBLES IDENTIFICATION AND PRICE QUIDE BY DAVID DOYLE. There is no description of this cal on the vehicles in the mechanized section or firearms section. Does anyone know what this went to and what it looked like?

didn't the US have 20mm cannons in aircraft, and the soviet equipment included 23mm cannons? as for 25mm+, I'm not quite sure, as this indicates a certain type of chain gun that wasn't around in VN (25mm chain gun on Apaches) and what about the 30mm weapons? I honestly don't know of large caliber weapons, even in inch format, 25.4mm is 1 inch, 2 inches would be a 57mm, and I don't know of anything between the 20 and the 57mm cannons... could it have been for 40mm grenade launchers or a small mortar?

sharpsshooter
Got a picture?

Go to EBAY and look up this number 350163332059 hope it is still listed I have no way to place pictures sorry.