WWII USMC Wire Cutter Pouches - 27 OF THEM!!!

alphie5002

Well it has been a great start to the month. Found this lot of 27 WWII USMC Wire Cutter Pouches. Three of them have cutter tags on them with the date 1944. I thought that it was weird that I found them all together. thumbsup.gif

Pouches.jpg

Pouches2.jpg

Pouches3.jpg

Pouches4.jpg

Pouches5.jpg

Pouches6.jpg

Pouches7.jpg

Pouches8.jpg

Pouches9.jpg

Pouches10.jpg

I'm ignorant on this item, how do you know they are USMC? Is it because of the snap?

Honestly I have just done some basic research on it. I found this link under the tools reference page. USMC Wire Cutter Pouch. The last post on it is where I got my information from.

Can anyone else elaborate on this?

Greg Robinson

The snap and the unique bend on the cartridge belt hooks ID's them as USMC. I believe those are the late war pattern made for the large head USMC wire cutters.

The snap and the unique bend on the cartridge belt hooks ID's them as USMC. I believe those are the late war pattern made for the large head USMC wire cutters.

Greg and Doyler - Great Stuff. Thanks so much for information!

If anyone needs one of these pouches feel free to PM me. I have already had a couple members buy one. I am not going to keep all of these.

way to go finding the unissued surplus! I stumbled on a similar cache of WWII USMC grenade pouches...sadly they were mostly musty and corroded and I only bought a couple of the better condition ones

Also lack of the large US stamp on the front combined with the hanger and snap.

RD

I should have mentioned the weave of the canvas is not as course on the USMC pouch as the Army pattern.THe Army weave is similiar to the material canvas weave that secures the wire bail on the USMC pouch

RD

Greg Robinson
way to go finding the unissued surplus! I stumbled on a similar cache of WWII USMC grenade pouches...sadly they were mostly musty and corroded and I only bought a couple of the better condition ones

Brig

The Marine Corps must have sold off thousands of those late ww2 two pocket grenade pouches. A few years ago I bought a mint example with "cutter tag" from a guy who said he bought a couple cases of them in the 1960's, all unissued, and had been slowly selling them since then. I get the impression those saw limited service or else they just made far more than they needed.

Greg