Lt Joseph Raible WWI 147th Scottie Dog Squadron Pin

hawk3370

Attached are a couple pictures of the 147th Scottie Dog Squadron Pin from the Joseph Raible DSC Group. As previously mentioned my camera leaves much to be desired, but I hope you can get a good impression of this badge.

post-6022-1238640344.jpg

post-6022-1238640384.jpg

A another pic of the 147th Scottie Dog Squadron Pin. Notice no makers mark on the back. Out of the couple dozen attributed squadron pins that I have handled, I have never seen a legit squadron pin with a makers mark or silver content.

post-6022-1238640620.jpg

Croix de Guerre

Now that I have embarrassed myself,,,,,, I would like to ask about Lt. Raible's group. Did you get the uniform group from Mr. Raible? Is there more to the group? Trousers, caps, etc.?? Your photo on page 22 of your book illustrates the tunic and the insignia; were you able to get any original paperwork with the group? Does the Aero Club certificate still exist? Again, thank you for sharing this with us!

What a great squadron pin example. Look at the fanttastic craftsmanship on the pin, and the great detail.. Awesome..Paul

Now that I have embarrassed myself,,,,,, I would like to ask about Lt. Raible's group. Did you get the uniform group from Mr. Raible? Is there more to the group? Trousers, caps, etc.?? Your photo on page 22 of your book illustrates the tunic and the insignia; were you able to get any original paperwork with the group? Does the Aero Club certificate still exist? Again, thank you for sharing this with us!

I acquired the tunic, cap , medals pictures, and DFC Cert from the family. No pants His aunt still has his photo album which contains the Aero Club cert and a squadron insignia cut from his plane. She won't part with it.

Terry

Absolutely stunning! I'm at a loss for words to properly describe my awe at seeing this grouping! :blink:

Croix de Guerre
I acquired the tunic, cap , medals pictures, and DFC Cert from the family. No pants His aunt still has his photo album which contains the Aero Club cert and a squadron insignia cut from his plane. She won't part with it.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I'd love to see it someday!

PS Where you able to get copies from the photo album?

Thanks Terry, I'd love to see it someday!

PS Where you able to get copies from the photo album?

No, was not able to get access to the album. The aunt was very protective, and wouldn't agree to a meeting. I made several attempts without success.

Terry

Another mystery - this time about the little doggie. The drawing in Terry's book does not show any words under the dog nor does Duncan's.

I have included a picture of a sew on pin that was loaned to me by a WWI Squadron pin collector and he indicated this was a real 147th badge.

post-1465-1238891147.jpg

Jim Parks had a pin like Raible's on an ID'd uniform. It's probably on display at the Lafayette Foundation outside Denver.

Thanks for the posting Terry.

Charlie W.