USER SUSPENSION: 72newport

ADMIN

**This post is informative only. User responses have been disabled.**

Members of the USMF community:

Today the administration was forced to suspend the account of community member 72newport.

Back on March 15, 2009, the administration received a complaint from member BOLO indicating that he and 72newport (who we've been informed is named Mark Cedras) had agreed to a sale but 72newport had failed to follow through. The specific items in question and sale ad can be found here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=37421

Member BOLO indicated that 72newport agreed to send a $43.00 money order on or about February 24, 2009. Due to 72newport's positive feedback, member BOLO admits he went ahead and shipped the two helmets. Payment failed to arrive and over the next couple weeks member BOLO repeatedly tried to contact 72newport via our private message system; he received no reply despite72newport showing online activity.

On March 15, BOLO informed the USMF administration of the issue and the following PM was sent to 72newport:

72newport:

We have received the following complaint from member BOLO. He indicates that he sent you the item back at the end of February and you have failed to send him payment for that item. It appears he has posted regarding this issue both on the thread of the item for sale and has sent you PMs. I did not see any recent response from you either on the board or via PM despite you having been online. I strongly urge you to resolve this situation promptly (preferably within 7 days).

Failure to resolve this situation could result in suspension or banning of your account. So, please make every effort to communicate with this member to resolve this situation.

Chris / ADMIN

Member 72newport read this private message on March 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM. He promptly replied:

Payment is being sent immediately! I apologize for the delay.

Mark

72newport

As of this date, member BOLO reports he has had no further contact from 72newport (despite 72newport making several posts and showing online activity) and BOLO has NOT received the money order as promised. Neither of the helmets have been returned.

In an interest to protect the members of this community, 72newport's account has been banned. Please use caution should you be contacted by any individual bearing this username 72newport or Mark Cedras.

And please understand that we do expect members using the FOR SALE section to fulfill the obligations made when you agree to sell an item and especially when you receive payment for an item. The FOR SALE system is operated under the principle that all transactions are between the buyer and seller. This forum is not responsible for the actions of either party, however we will (as evidenced here) take action if necessary when there are abuses.

ADMIN

I have also been informed by member Gil Sanow of the following:

Be advised that Mr. Cedras agreed to purchase an item from me in early Feb, then never paid. I reminded him and he again promised payment. Again, it never arrived.

The sale was for a small amount, however it seems that the cause for the user's suspension was one of several transactions he failed to complete. So, please use caution with this individual.

If you believe this individual has attempted to return to this board under an alternate name, please notify the administration immediately.

ADMIN