Plastic Rank Insignia

1stDivVet

I've got a few sets of these. Both Army and Marine Corps.. Made entirely of plastic, even the posts. No idea what the age of theses things or thier value. I've heard they're kinda rare. I remember reading they weren't real popular due to thier lack of durability. Any info is appreciated.

Fins..

post-4106-1238344124.jpg

post-4106-1238344129.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
I remember reading they weren't real popular due to thier lack of durability. Any info is appreciated.

Fins..

You right about that! If memory serves... they came about in very early 70's and went away real quick to!

We had them in the late 70s. The posts were plastic too and they broke when trying to shove them through the collar of heavily starched Sateens.

You are right, they didn't last too long.

Dennis

We used them into the 1990's, believe me. And, it was preferred to have the metal chevrons, but the plastic ones worked in a pinch. They DID break and were crappy. They stopped issuing metal chevrons and went to the plastic ones in the 1980's.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a Gunny one in our washer once...no idea why it was there...I think they tried them again recently before OEC came out with these allegedly scratch proof 'combat hardened' chevrons. As I never wore chevrons in combat, I think the name is a bit off...and am yet to buy them, but Marines I work with say they're great