D-Day Assault Wave Infantry DUI

Glidertrooper

Glidertrooper

Well now with the 80th anniversary of the D-Day landings for the invasion of WWII France just a couple of weeks away, I thought I would show off some more of my DUI.

Nothing particularly special here, its just that I managed to finally secure the last examples I was happy with of the DUI to complete all the infantry divisions and their regiments that spearheaded the American forces for the primary assault wave of the Normandy beaches on the 6th June 1944.

IMG_0795.JPG.d213e1301b2506648d05ef550c128697.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG.90717fcd78dbca54fe807d085b6126c3.JPG

Left to Right:

4th Infantry Division + 8th Infantry Regiment - both no hallmarks - landed on UTAH beach

29th Infantry Division + 116th Infantry Regiment - no hallmarks but both nicely finished with snowflake back marks - landed on the western side of OMAHA beach with elements of the Rangers

1st Infantry Division + 16th Infantry Regiment - both no hallmarks - landed on the eastern side of OMAHA beach

All three infantry divisions and their regiments would go on to see combat throughout the various campaigns across North West Europe until the defeat of Nazi Germany in 1945.

And finally a 'for fun' shot...

IMG_0797.JPG.a798c232c7689637a78d8c062ec9c6fc.JPG

...with an original WWII Rangers lozenge patch, sterling marked clutch-back Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) and a pin-back Meyer Metal hallmarked 16th IR officer's collar brass.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers......John