WWII Ike jackets… small sizes??

digi-shots

digi-shots

Does anyone know the smallest size IKE made during WWII?

I have a 36 short manufactured by Shapiro Clothing Co., Dated Dec. 16, 1944; Pattern Dated 5/10/44.  The waist band area has an extra seam on the side where it might have been cut or taken in at the waist.  Snapped shut, the inside waist measures 32”

As a side note.. I’m looking for a small torso mannequin for display.. so far some of the smaller ones won’t work..

thanks!

CavalryCombatant

I have a 34R tucked away in my closet, I’ll pull it out and get measurements this weekend if I remember.  I think 34 is the smallest I’ve seen, but I’ve always wondered if they made smaller ones during the war.

For small mannequins, I like yanks.  They come in both small & extra small, they’re hard to beat.

digi-shots

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I looked at the Yanks online.. they have a few that I’m considering, but would rather not get one that requires shoes or boots

I would really like a half mannequin but either a very short one without hips that it just covers the waist band of the IKE.. or one with torso legs where I can fold/tuck the pants legs up into the torso legs.  Most of the torso ones are too big.. I can barely close the Ike not to mention the waistband of the pants under it.  The pants are labeled 31x31.. and have been shortened and taken in at the waist to 29”.

Allan H.

The smallest Ike jacket made in quantities was a 34/S. It would be possible to find one smaller, but it would have been made to order through Quartermaster activities and would not have a standard label.

I posted a thread on the smallest Ike jacket that I’ve ever seen which was worn by 442nd RCT veteran Albert Ichihara. For some strange reason, I cannot get the link to copy, but you can search for it. 

Allan