USMC dress white belt

robinb

They've gone 'in and out' of use over the years. Currently they are used for NCO (E-4) and above. Yours looks earlier than that from what I can see.

I would like to pin this buckle down, i saw one in J. warners book

vol1 sailors in forest green , pre war dress bandsmen buckle as i have

the buckle, told buy the seller its nco pre war, Hope some can help more.

Still need your help on the corect id for this buckle, its the older one. hope some one will take the time. sincerly

This should give you a general idea as to the time frame: Measure the catch on the back of the plate. If it is about 3/4 of an inch from top to bottom (top being top of the plate direction, and bottom the bottom direction), it's probably pre-war or WWII era. If the catch is wider, about an 1 1/4 inches, most likely post WWII.

Steve

it predates 1956, notice the top anchor fluke. by the EGA style, I'm guessing pre-37

When did they start using the SNCO buckle? I found a photo in the LIFE Magazine archives showing one of the Marine Raider's senior NCO's in dress blues when he came back to the US near the end of WWII and he's wearing the plain buckle:

ncobeltsmall.jpg

ncobelts.jpg

I, too, thought it was a post WWII or even Korea thing. maybe thise was custom made against regs?

• 5 years later...