Trio of unknown USAF patches,

Siamundo

Siamundo

Noble Dog Flight might be connected to either the 8th or 53rd Tactical Fighter Squadrons during their F-105 period stationed in Germany based on other patches in the group. Tiny remnants of newspaper backing might be in German. Liquid Oxygen patch was in the same group. No idea on the C-Flight though.

IMG_20240331_0002.jpg

IMG_20240331_0003.jpg

The Dog and LOX are German made. I have seen the Dog before but no clear ID. LOX would be part of the supply unit back then, and I never saw the C flight either. If you could post the others on the group it might help.

Randy

Siamundo

Hey Randy, as requested here are the other patches in the group. For clarity, the C Flight patch in my original post was not part of this group. It was from an unrelated purchase-I just lumped them all together in the original post as unknowns 😁

IMG_20240331_0006.jpg

IMG_20240331_0007.jpg

Boy, that's a mish-mash of stuff. The 49 TFW and 8 TFS were at Spangdahlem and those are F-105 era patches. The two arrowheads were aslo used at Spang, blue for the 7 TFS and red for the 9 TFS. But since Bitburg was the other USAFE F-105 wing and was only 10 miles away, a lot of patch co-mingling went on. That 53 TFS is also F-105 era, so it's really hard to peg the Dog Flight to one unit. But I bet it's from one of those two bases. All six are German made. Wish I could be more help...

Randy

Siamundo

I agree, Randy, it is was a hodge podge mix of stuff but the German made patches all seemed to be inter-connected in some way or another. Thanks again for your insight 👍