New Member Here, Thought I'd Share This.

bnoll01

Hello, my name is Brent and I am a fellow collector. My interests tend to turn more towards Civil War relics but I will collect them all. The reason I have such an interests in Civil War Relics is because I live in Murfreesboro Tennessee and have a large collection from metal detecting battle sites. (on private property) A couple years ago I found a little CW campsite I was given permission to dig around and what I found was very interesting. General Patton brought his Armored division to Middle Tennessee for training maneuvers before the trip across the pond in 44. Occasionally we find things from their old campsites but its rare. At this little CW campsite, we started finding lots and lots of stripper clips and empty 30.06 rounds that were dated 41-43. We realized we were in a large "Patton Camp" All the things I found at this camp is in the case. A few months ago, I went back there after not going for over a year and right out of the truck, this beautiful 1903 Springfield bayonet! It still had a grey vinyl like scabbard that fell apart during the electrolysis (electrically charged rust removal) process. Wanted to see what you guys thought and thought someone might be able to ID the Ordinance symbol. Thanks Again! Oh... me and my buddies have an organized relic hunting called The Rutherford County Boys. If anyone in interested in seeing some cool artifacts, check out our website.

www.rutherfordcountyboys.com!

Thanks again!

Brent

p.s. sorry for the poor pic quality

post-5930-1237997943.jpg

I got a real kick out of this post for two reasons, one is that I am more into WW I collecting, and two is that I reside in Rutherford Co. myself. I was totally unaware there was WW II history around here. Nice looking website and great find.

Scott

Doughboy1918

You are very fortunate to live in an area where you can hunt for relics. I live in Michigan- 'nuf said. I have been a CW reenactor for 14 years now, both Union & Confederate artillery. I'd be thrilled just to find a bullet or something let alone a Parrott shell. I really envy you Southern boys.

post-58-1238501206.jpg