M1909 first aid pouch

artu44

I got it just yesterday about 40$ on UK ebay. It's a nice so called M1909 f.a. pouch.

In 1906 they stopped production of old M1904 pouch in favor of M1907 and all R.I.A. surplus was converted to the new style. They added eyelets on hook holes of the new M1907 hook and male snaps are moved higher to accomodate new dressing. Remaining holes are reinforced with grommets.

Inside there is a paper dressing made by a never-heard-before manufacturers in 1917. I like paper wrapped dressings and I've noticed that most of them bear the print of a single centered snap as the one of the medic belt pouches. Is it normal to find one of them in an individual pouch? Can this 1917 dated packet tell that the pouch saw service in France.

Quite interesting also stencils. Any clue for them?

post-67-1237977532.jpg

post-67-1237977546.jpg

post-67-1237977573.jpg

OOOH. I love it. The pouch is on my must have list. I've only seen one but it was part of a grouping(Belt,Holster,Canteen) and I didn't want to pay his high price to get just one item I needed. Robert

New Romantic

Nice pouch Artu, tough to find!

The markings are for a New York National Guard unit. The dressing was probably added to the pouch by a collector. The maker is also the first I've seen. Most are Bauer and Black or Wilford Hall Laboratories.