Blue Paint for Authentic RFX Post-WWII Practice Pineapple Grenades

Stressman

Stressman

Can someone tell me the recommended blue spray paint (brand, shade, spec., etc.) for re-spraying an authentic RFX post-WWII practice pineapple grenade?  I have been given one of these practice grenades that someone in the past stripped off the original finish and re-sprayed it olive drab.  I have used a chemical paint stripper to remove this OD paint.  There were no traces of blue (or any other color) beneath the re-sprayed OD layer.  So, someone did an "excellent" job of removing the original blue finish.  Yes, this is an original RFX practice grenade.  It has a centered, smooth-drilled, and chamfered hole in the bottom of the body (for a cork) and an "8" cast into one of the raised body segments.  It has the 9/16" fuze thread diameter, not the larger 5/8" thread diameter that is used on repro RFX so-called "gun show" grenades. HELP, PLEASE!

opus5150

Try Model Masters "Big Bad Blue" No. 28127, it’s a pretty close match. You may need to hunt around for it, it seems to be a harder to find spray these days. 

Stressman

I found this paint on Amazon & ordered it earlier today.  They claim it is FS 35109 which is the correct color as provided in the Fed. Std. list that you provided to me.  I will see how it works out, and I will attempt to find the one that you have just provided.  Thanks so very much for your patience with me & for the benefit of your experience that you have shared!  I hope that the attached image will come thru to you.  

img022.jpg