1872-1919 Chevrons from Gerry Hodges of Idyllwild, CA

hhbooker2

:rolleyes: Gerry Hodges was a retired probation officer who was also a collector and lived in southern California in Idyllwild where he offered the best-looking 1902-1919 chevrons I'd ever cast my eyes upon, don't you agree after you see the fine example of Medical Corps chevrons attached a s a scan here? He also carried 1872-1902 chevrons. Gerry's prices were always fair and he was cheerful! I can show more photographs like this one if you folks who collect in this area would like to view them too? :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) [As a note, Idyllwild has the unfortune of suffering from severe wildfires in dry season and when there is a fire, fire departments from all over descend upon it down there and motels have only fire fighters staying in them then, of course the smoke can be so bad, staying overnight would be unpleasant as we soon discovered - they ordered all civilians out for their own good! No homes have been looted yet as the folks there don't cotton to looters. Anyway, enjoy!]

post-837-1237943491.jpg

Sarge,

Thanks for showing these examples out of Gerry's collection. I had heard that he passed away a few years ago. Is that true?

I understand that Gerry also had one whale of a Marine Corps chevron collection that included many of the ultra rare pre 1920 chevrons. Any chance of showing any of those?

I agree, and would love to see more! Lee, I haven't forgotten you, either but I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to dig through the rest of my chevrons to get you some stuff out in the mail...I've got a few more to send just gotta get on it.

I agree, and would love to see more! Lee, I haven't forgotten you, either but I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to dig through the rest of my chevrons to get you some stuff out in the mail...I've got a few more to send just gotta get on it.

Say Jason,

Thanks for the heads-up! Hope to hear from you soon.

Lee