USMC VMO-8 Patch

Mark M

Interesting 3 1/2" VMO-8 patch from the early 1970s. Looks like it is Japanese made. Anyone have opinions on if it is legit or an older copy?

Thanks,

Mark

post-569-1237908196.jpg

vintageproductions

Mark-A small lot out of estate sale turned up of these in Southern California about a year or so ago. The guy bought everything military at the sale and there were about twnety-five of these. The seller scattered them every direction as soon as he got them.

teufelhunde.ret

Mark, only a hunch... they were a small 8 plane reserve Sqdn in Hawaii and only existed 6 yrs. Given the activity of military on the islands during VN, they likely had them made locally...? But no doubt these are scarce.

Mark-A small lot out of estate sale turned up of these in Southern California about a year or so ago. The guy bought everything military at the sale and there were about twnety-five of these. The seller scattered them every direction as soon as he got them.

Bob and Darrell

Thanks! This one came out of an estate sale from the midwest along with a couple others I will post shortly.

Regards,

Mark

bronxboymike

I collect naval aviation patches, I'd put my money on this being a legit Japan made patch. Westcoast based squadrons even small units ordered patches from Japanese maufacturers. You done good.

Mike