B-17 Mission Patch & Assorted 15th AF Shoulder Patches

Castle_Keep

Castle_Keep

This canvas B-17 Mission Patch and bomber crew caricature has been in my collection for 7-8 years.  I was informed at the time of the patch acquisition, that Norman Lear, of Archie Bunker fame, is present (4th man) in the caricature. I am not trying to imply the patch was previously owned by Norman Lear.  However, if this information is correct...and based on Tsgt Lear's combat record...the canvas patch would be affiliated with the 463rd BG (772nd BS).  Thoughts?  

Please note:  The sidekick shoulder patches were acquired at different times and are simply part of the display.    

IMG_8001.jpeg

IMG_8002.jpeg

IMG_8004.jpeg

IMG_8006.jpeg

Castle_Keep
4 minutes ago, Castle_Keep said:

This canvas B-17 Mission Patch and bomber crew caricature has been in my collection for 7-8 years.  I was informed at the time of the patch acquisition, that Norman Lear, of Archie Bunker fame, is present (4th man) in the caricature. I am not trying to imply the patch was previously owned by Norman Lear.  However, if this information is correct...and based on Tsgt Lear's combat record...the canvas patch would be affiliated with the 463rd BG (772nd BS).  Thoughts?  

Please note:  The sidekick shoulder patches were acquired at different times and are simply part of the display.    

IMG_8001.jpeg

IMG_8002.jpeg

IMG_8004.jpeg

IMG_8006.jpeg

https://blog.togetherweserved.com/2023/12/21/tsgt-norman-lear-u-s-army-air-force-1942-1945/

Castle_Keep
5 minutes ago, P-59A said:

That is a very cool find!!! Is this attributed at all?

Much appreciated, sir.  The B-17 mission patch and aircrew caricature were obtained togather.   There is limited information to go on....except what I've previously attempted to convey.