1911 holster

krautpot

Bought this repro holster plus the belt in the backround. Gave up the hope to find an original one in a good shape like this :(

cheers

Michael

post-3208-1237836236.jpg

post-3208-1237836260.jpg

post-3208-1237836326.jpg

arent they a vietnam era holster manufacturer? ie it should be lack? why would they make a repro of that era, let alone tan color. seems strange, i thought they were readily available and could even be found inissued very easily?

i was kinda wondering the same... the numbers on the back are very similar to my vietnam era Bolen lea prod 7791466. got it of E-Pay for 20 bucks in minty used condition and it is black. i was told that WWII holsters are dated 4(#), and the WWI holsters have the inspectors initials on the back. like JLC or something. i got my Boyt 42 for 70 in wicked mint used condition of e pay.

the holster looks fine, I would use it for WWII display

better quality than commercial repros

the company that made it is a military contracter, it's made the same quality as a Vietnam leather holster without the black dye.

nice find thumbsup.gif

Didn`t knew that cathey produced holsters for the army. I searched cathey enterprises only in WWI and WWII manufacturer lists, I didn`t found it and thought its a repro! The only thing I don´t understand is the color of the holster, I thought VN era holsters are made of black leather.

Thank you for answering my question, it seems to be okay for display!

Cheers

Michael

I have a Vietnamese made 45 auto holster and it is natural color.Not black.The paper label with it is dated 1973 if I remember correctly.

Your looks like a well made holster as stated above unlike some of the repos that are not as well made.

RD

Charlie Flick

Hi Krautpot:

Your russet Cathey Enterprises holster should work fine for display and reenactment purposes. Cathey is no longer in business. It was, in fact, a maker of M1916 and other holsters for the US Government in the late Viet Nam era into the 1990s or so. Your holster is indeed a reproduction and a well made one at that.

A company called Hill Country Leather now operates out of Texas and is a current US Government contractor. It is operated by the same family that operated Cathey for many years. HCL also sells on the civilian market.

By the way, the 7791466 number is a drawing number, which is why it is on holsters made by various manufacturers during and after VN.

Hope this helps you. I saw your related post in the Firearms Forum here and hope this answers the questions you raised there.

Regards,

Charlie Flick