WWII Sleeping bag

mpguy80/08

Hi gang...

I found this on ebay, and as I usually do with interesting stuff, I put a watch on it, but real life got in the way and I didnt get home in time to bid. Good thing was, it was put up with a buy it now option, but got no bids. I contacted the seller and found out he was going to relist the item, so when it posted again, I snapped it up.

The Bag is a 1945 dated Wool inner bag with a two tone cover. The zipper is perfectly functional, and isn't like modern bags, with a double sided zipper... this zipper opens from inside the bag. It is missing the 8' lacing that laces the bag to the cover, but it is solid, very little mothing, no rips or tears, and still has the ties attached. Not too bad for $50. Let me know what you think.

Wayne

post-3743-1237790686.jpg

Its nice you could get it complete. Most the time you find them seperate. The zipper was designed to be operated from the inside and most of them you could rip them open to get out in a hurry without damaging the zipper which is good in a combat situation. Robert

Oops. I see it says that on the tag

Its nice you could get it complete. Most the time you find them seperate. The zipper was designed to be operated from the inside and most of them you could rip them open to get out in a hurry without damaging the zipper which is good in a combat situation. Robert

Oops. I see it says that on the tag

I got lucky on this one I think... I figure if I'm going to do an impression, I might as well have the correct gear... I already have the shelter half, and the late war three piece pole... I am waiting on the folding pole and pins from Schipperfabrik. There was a place that was advertised here that is listed as having the 8' lace for the bag opening, but I'm not sure if I really want to deal with him as the reviews arent that good. Maybe I'll give him a call first...

Wayne

Nice set Wayne,

I have a couple of these.You could also put the wool bad into a WW2 issue mountain bag for extra warmth.

RD

Nice set Wayne,

I have a couple of these.You could also put the wool bad into a WW2 issue mountain bag for extra warmth.

RD

Awww dog gone it... Now I need a mountain bag.... :lol: This system of making one bag usable inside of another has been used down through the years... The Intermediate Cold Sleeping bag that was in use when I joined in 1980 could be used inside of the Extreme cold weather bag for Arctic use, and the current system has two bags inside of a Gortex Bivy Cover.

I'd like to see if I can get my hands on a down bag...

Wayne