Mitchell Pattern M65 Jacket

HelmetGuy

Hi guys, what can you tell me about this jacket? I've seen a couple of them around, but no information was given.

Thanks.

post-229-1237770466.jpg

These M-65 jackets were made in Okinawa as test samples .

Your label is different than others I have seen .

Vntage Productions has a mint example of this , will he show it ???

owen

These M-65 jackets were made in Okinawa as test samples .

Your label is different than others I have seen .

Vntage Productions has a mint example of this , will he show it ???

owen

Owen

So this test model was done by the army?Stationed units in Japan?

Could you put more ligth into this?Very interesting data.....

vintageproductions

From what I have found out on these, is that they were tested and made in Japan. No one seems to know exactly who or why they were tested. Mine has a basic issue tag in it with a DSA-100- issue tag.

beatifull jacket & very attractive...no problem for me that is not original military...the mitchell pattern is very cool

i wish i have one

vintageproductions
beatifull jacket & very attractive...no problem for me that is not original military...the mitchell pattern is very cool

i wish i have one

I am not sure what you mean " that is not original military", do you have proof of this? These were tested but never issued. That does not make them not military. It makes them experimental. Big difference between experimental and not original.

i wish i have one

What i dont like about the tag on this FJ is the "army" designation.I havent found so far any experimental or production tag with the implicated "army" words.

Some "US marine corps" etc yes.

I like this thread.Keepposting more pictures of tags of similar jackets here.

Vintage productions they said you have one also?could you post the tag if present?

This detective work is great! thumbsup.gif

Here some experimental tags:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...5&hl=desert

Hi guys, what can you tell me about this jacket? I've seen a couple of them around, but no information was given.

Thanks.

post-229-1237770466.jpg

Do you have this jacket? How does the zipper looks like? And the buttons?More pics?

Thanks

Yes, I own it. The zippers are marked USA on the back, one is marked Rapid. The buttons are the same as on a jungle jacket, BDU, etc., and the snaps are Scovill.

Markings on the hood:

post-229-1238060149.jpg

That is a M-1951 hood stamp.On M-65 the hood is elatized cloth(syntetics) thiss looks to be cotton or similar.(made with surpluss hoods?)Thanks for posting.

Helmet guy could you take pics of zippers?

Do you have this jacket? How does the zipper looks like? And the buttons?More pics?

Thanks

Hi There,

There is the scan from DMP, Disruptive Pattern Material, ISBN 0-9543404-0-X.

For your reference.

Cheers,

Birdie

MITCHELLM-65.jpg

vintageproductions

My jacket has the regular issue neck tag and lower tag. The zipper is a heavy silver metal, like on a M-51 or a 1st model M-65. The snaps are marked SCOVILL. This is probably the only time, I will not post photos of a piece I own. I chased this jacket for many years and made a lot of offers to own it. Luckily the guy who had it got greedy and stuck it on Ebay in the vintage clothing section. The rest is history. If anyone absolutely "has " to see it, they can pm me. This is a super rare piece and I don't want the fakers / designers just lifting images to make them. I am never a hard a** about these things, but this is one of my favorite pieces, and I don't want the photos floating around. I hope you can understand my stance on this..

My jacket has the regular issue neck tag and lower tag. The zipper is a heavy silver metal, like on a M-51 or a 1st model M-65. The snaps are marked SCOVILL. This is probably the only time, I will not post photos of a piece I own. I chased this jacket for many years and made a lot of offers to own it. Luckily the guy who had it got greedy and stuck it on Ebay in the vintage clothing section. The rest is history. If anyone absolutely "has " to see it, they can pm me. This is a super rare piece and I don't want the fakers / designers just lifting images to make them. I am never a hard a** about these things, but this is one of my favorite pieces, and I don't want the photos floating around. I hope you can understand my stance on this..

how can be sure that the guy who'll pm you he's not a faker? your logic is not logical show us your jacket...or not show to anyone...that makes a sense

vintageproductions
you allready described it anyway...

Well, then I guess a photo is not necessary.