$50 for everything- worth it?

Mercenary25

Mercenary25

Hello everyone, here are attachments. I'm not sure each items value. The seller is asking for $50 for everything. Three carbine pouches appeared to be Korean era because they are Olive Drab. Pistol belt and canteen cover appeared to be WWII. I'm not sure about gas mask and patches. I'm considering to buy them. I wanted to know the value of each items. Thanks in advance for your help!

post-4082-1237568500.jpg

post-4082-1237568509.jpg

post-4082-1237568516.jpg

post-4082-1237568522.jpg

Hello everyone, here are attachments. I'm not sure each items value. The seller is asking for $50 for everything. Three carbine pouches appeared to be Korean era because they are Olive Drab. Pistol belt and canteen cover appeared to be WWII. I'm not sure about gas mask and patches. I'm considering to buy them. I wanted to know the value of each items. Thanks in advance for your help!

50$ is next to nothing for all that good staff...go for it

Mercenary25

The seller said that pistol belt is unmarked (knock off/replica)? On the canteen pouch, it has hand written "Troop 37", boy scout? and it is stamped "Long 1-18"

Canteen has "U.S., F&C 1948"

On one of the carbine pouch, "SACO.MUC.SH.UE, 1951, Pocket Cartridge, caliber 30 M1, Carbine or Rifle", another one says "74-P-142-35" and another "76-P-142-3"

So, those are more likely authentic?

Anybody recognized this gas mask? WWII?

The seller said that pistol belt is unmarked (knock off/replica)? On the canteen pouch, it has hand written "Troop 37", boy scout? and it is stamped "Long 1-18"

On one of the carbine pouch, "SACO.MUC.SH.UE, 1951, Pocket Cartridge, caliber 30 M1, Carbine or Rifle", another one says "74-P-142-35" and another "76-P-142-3"

i dont understand why you'r so much concerned...is just 50$...what you can do with 50$? play to the cassino? with 50$ here in greece you can only buy a cup of coffee & 2 or 3 hot dogs & another one coffee & sandwitch for your girlfriend & say bye bye to the 50$!!!

50 bucks is not a deal. It is OK and if you want the items for yourself then you are not getting hurt. If you are buying for resale then pass.

Gary

If they are all items that you want, you would not be able to acquire them all individually for less than $50. But it all comes down to the value you yourself place on them. Since I myself do not really collect any of these items, I would not be willing to pay $50 for them, but at the same time there are others that would be certainly willing to pay more. Would you give up $50 to have them?

Yeah - looks like the stuff is largely post-ww2, and hence, not particularly valuable. You could probably pick up the lot at a flea market or gun show cheaper (perhaps a lot cheaper).

Yeah - looks like the stuff is largely post-ww2, and hence, not particularly valuable. You could probably pick up the lot at a flea market or gun show cheaper (perhaps a lot cheaper).

i reject the theory that what is postwar is a junk...everything is collectible- WWII staff was pretty common just few years back & they were so huge quantities around that considered as junk but today they all gone or sale for crazy money...will you think that after 7 or 8 years from now you'll be the same able to find that easy korean or vietnam war staff? well...maybe...i hope.. but my collecting experiance tells otherwise.

would you imagine 2 or 3 years back copies of the mitchell helmet covers?...YES!!! sounds crazy but today we have copies of mitchell covers bc silently & slowly day by day original stocks exausted & they were millions of those around...

yes, I agree, unless you really want all that stuff, I wouldnt pay $50 for it

the only items I would want out of all that stuff is the canteen set, but I already have plenty of canteen sets, so I probably wouldnt buy any of it.

I would probably pass on that stuff.

normaninvasion

If your concerned about the items and your on a budget. Save the money for something you really want. Unless you really want the items for your collection, than it really becomes the question of "how much are these items worth to you"? ;)

I would bet your canteen to be WW1.Marking should read LF&C 1918(Landers Frary and Clark)Cover is WW1 also as it was common for the units to stencil IDs on them,this one being an artillery unit.Most WW1 covers if marked and still readable will be under the flap near the lift the dot snap.Sometimes the date is very hard to see if there at all.

With out better pics the belt to me looks commercial.could be a post war belt used for the boy scouts.These sometimes had a cloth label which was very small and sewn into the edge of the belt by the buckle and would say japan.Some had them some didnt.I think the sliders on the belt look a little thin in my opinion to be issue.Normall if this was a WW1 era belt the buckle would be brass/bronze and the sliders would most likely be blakened brass.If a WW2 two belt it is possible to be a transitional model having a cast buckle and steel sliders but I still think it appears to be commercial.Better pics are needed.

The gasmask is WW2.One of the light weight service models.Will have a small round molding on the mask and have a two digit number in the manufature stamp/molding that may say 42 or 43 etc.

Nothing wrong with the carbine pouches.They are Korea period and original.

RD

Mercenary25

Thanks guys. I thought about buying them and then sell separately on ebay. Because I don't collect WW2 or Korea War era. The reason I was asking, because I'm not well-aware in those field. I don't think it's worth it. So I passed on it. Thanks everyone for your input.