Vietnam War Tank Helmet

Mercenary25

Mercenary25

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Tank helmets used in Vietnam. It is uncommon to see it so is it rare? How much it usually go for?

I found it on craigslist but the clueless seller is asking $500 for it. O.o I just want to know the actual value so I could offer.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/clt/1068509760.html

Thanks for your help.

The Meatcan

I paid $20 for a very minty one about 5 years ago. The only way this thing would be worth $500 is if it had been worn by Creighton Abrams or some other bigshot. :lol:

Not $500 rare! Maybe $50 on a good day.

50$ sounds too cheap for this helmet...i dont think they are very common today...there is also an israeli old copy used in the yom kippur war in 1973 but still seen in the lebanon invasion of 1982 in small numbers as a new pure israeli model replaced this one

50$ sounds too cheap for this helmet...i dont think they are very common today...there is also an israeli old copy used in the yom kippur war in 1973 but still seen in the lebanon invasion of 1982 in small numbers as a new pure israeli model replaced this one

These things used to cover surplus stores across the country by the box loads. I may be tempted to pay $50 for one right out of the box, but for a used one, they are barely worth $15

The most I've ever been able to sell one of these Combat Vehicle Crewman helmets for was $50. And that was for a very nice one in a decent size.

I called one of my surplus guys and asked him what they are worth. He told me that several years ago, he had like 20 on the shelf that no one would ever look at, so he took them out back and crushed them with his truck so he could get all the carcasses in the trash can.

I called one of my surplus guys and asked him what they are worth. He told me that several years ago, he had like 20 on the shelf that no one would ever look at, so he took them out back and crushed them with his truck so he could get all the carcasses in the trash can.

your junk is my treasure-here in greece i have'nt seen one in my life...

I saw one at the surplus store recently in very used condition, I think it was around $20 maybe $30 ? I dont remember , but I tried it on and it was way too small, couldnt even get it on my head.

it would look nice on display with a armor vest / flak vest

Funny, I saw the same listing today. ( I live in central MA). My first thought was that this guy is nuts. I passed on that one!!! If you make an offer to this guy, Id be curious as to what he would say.

Manchu Warrior

As I stated earlier they always sell on ebay, I know because I look at them regularly, for at least $40 to $50. In my opinion that is about the best way to judge the value of this helmet. The one I posted from ebay sold for $42.

I know one thing, you dont want to use these things in tanks though. My dad was in tanks during vietnam, and he suffers from permanent ringing of the ears now due to these lovely helmets. For him, its like going to a rock concert every morning when he wakes up. Nice huh,

The things the Soldiers had to suffer through in yester years.....

I would actually like to get one to give to him. I found a cool pair of 1970's strap tank boots. They are laceless. THey have thick leather straps that wrap around the boot.

Anybody know of a vietnam era helmet I could get for a decent price for my father? I never thought about giving him one. It would be neat, but might bring back some bad memories