What model parachute is this?

tar00

Appears to be a pilots seat pack style.The designation S-1 sticks in my mind.This type is worn and sat on by the pilot creating a seat cushion of sorts.

Maybe another member can give you some additional info.

RD

Tar,

If you have access to volume 1 of Poynter's Parachute Manual, you should be able to find it. If not, I will be closer to my copy

tomorrow.

Cobrahistorian

It is either an S-1 or S-2. There were four types of seat packs used by the USAAF during WWII. The AN6510 and AN6511 both had their designations marked on the chute pack, so this is pre-common AN designation. I'm rebuilding an AN6511-1 right now. Cool stuff!

Jon

It is either an S-1 or S-2. There were four types of seat packs used by the USAAF during WWII. The AN6510 and AN6511 both had their designations marked on the chute pack, so this is pre-common AN designation. I'm rebuilding an AN6511-1 right now. Cool stuff!

Jon

Thanks I realized it was an AAF seatpack I was just looking for the designation. S-1 or S-2 I guess. Thanks.

Have you found the little log book for the chute?It may fill in some of the blanks.Normally located in a small canvas pouch on the seat prtion of the chute pack tray.May have to look under your cushion.

RON