John Wayne.......

USMCRECON

There are no true stars like him anymore. Is there any truth in the rumours that there were attempts on his life, by the Russians in the 50's and again by China in the mid 60's??

There are no true stars like him anymore. Is there any truth in the rumours that there were attempts on his life, by the Russians in the 50's and again by China in the mid 60's??

Hadnt heard that but may want to check snopes.com.He was a Iowa boy and there is his boyhood home and small museum in winterset Iowa.Been by it but its not open when Im in town.

RD

Hadnt heard that but may want to check snopes.com.He was a Iowa boy and there is his boyhood home and small museum in winterset Iowa.Been by it but its not open when Im in town.

RD

Boyhood is right. He was born in 1907 in Iowa and was there till 1913. He then moved to CA. His first screen credit was in 1929 (Fox's Words and Music).

The onlything seems out of play when he was a star was in the movie "Jet Pilot" in 1950. It wasn't till 1957 it was in the box office which was a dud because Howard Hughs unintentional sabotage the playwright. It was said Hugh's had whimsical attitude towards filmmaking??

• 3 years later...

John Wayne's boat was called the Wild Goose. It's still around, and I think it can be chartered. It was in Puget Sound, but I think it is in California now.

Tell ya what, I'm glad I don't have John Wayne's lighter because I think it'd force me to take up smoking. Been a fan since I was 5 years old. Good enough for me.

I can remember back in the 60s & 70s when they were all calling him a fraud and bad actor. I still watched his movies and thought he was great. Then he died and a few years later a rock rolled down a hillside into the middle of a highway. The artist carved Wayne on the rock and when they had him and the rock on tv they were tripping all over themselves not to say anything nice about Wayne. But we know he was great.