Charles Lindberg 2nd Raiders and E-2-28 5th MarDIV

Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

Thanks for the kind words about Charles and the collection. Listen to the advice; take your time, do your research before going after things and good things will happen for you and your collection.

Kurt Barickman

wow, a centerpiece for any USMC collection, and a piece of Marine Corps history. rarely does one stumble upon something truely of historical significance...I think this qualifies

• 2 months later...

Excellent piece of American Valuable History to own you have got there in your collection

Very nice indeed :thumbsup: ..

Fantastic What a Collection..

• 1 year later...
wwIIfighterpilots

Kurt!

WOW! How have I missed this thread?

Amazing. And as others have said, I am glad you have it.

I was watching the DVD about Mr. Lindberg just recently, called The Last Flagraiser. I also have that well-known signed photo of him with the flamethrower, so I really appreciate the man and understand the historical significance of your grouping.

Congrats!

Mike

Tremendous Kurt. Wild to have such a piece of history entrusted to you. For the family to pass it to you speaks volumes about you as a person.

Raidercollector

kurt

Very nice display you have there, What a great piece of history, Are you going to the Chicago military show ? And the SOS show in Feb ?

Nick

Kurt Barickman
kurt

Very nice display you have there, What a great piece of history, Are you going to the Chicago military show ? And the SOS show in Feb ?

Nick

Thanks all for your kind and positive comments. I am still toying with going next weekend; Nick will you be there?

Kurt

Raidercollector

Thanks all for your kind and positive comments. I am still toying with going next weekend; Nick will you be there?

Kurt

Yes I will Kurt. I have a display table there. Let me know if you come.

Nick

It is with the utmost respect and humility that I display for the first time for the collecting community, the dress greens of Charles W. Lindberg who served with the 2nd Raiders and later with E-2-28th Marines of the 5th Marine Division and raised the first flag over Iwo Jima. Charles was a good friend of mine and we had several serious USMC conversations about his service and the flag raisers of both flag raisings and his service with the Raiders under Col. Evan Carlson. The family has allowed me to have this uniform and I am deeply humbled.

another spectacular grouping on this forum...congratulations on being able to talk with Mr. Lindbergh

so.mostyank

• 3 months later...
blitzkrieg gsd

Can't believe this is the first time I have seen it. Wow is all I can say this is what this hobby is all about making sure no one forgets these Heros and the sacrifices they made. Thank you for showing us all this group its as close as I will ever get to a Hero like him.

• 3 months later...
carbinephalen

This uniform needs to be pinned due to the VERY historic nature of it. I am not a USMC collector but this is an absolutely incredible piece of history. Stunning is the only word that comes to mind.

What an honor to be the caretaker of this one :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing it with us!