Jump to content

Chosin Reservoir Impression (Final)


USMC_COLLECTOR
 Share

Recommended Posts

USMC_COLLECTOR

After 2 previous attempts, I have put together a set of gear that I believe resembles a Marine from the “Frozen Chosin” the best. Now maybe include a scarf and a M1943 hood to make it final, but I am happy with how it turned out. 
 

IMG_3900.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3904.jpeg

IMG_3906.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again, fantastic job.  I’m not knowledgeable enough to critique buttons and threads, but I recognize passion when I see it.  
 

I don’t know where yours wells from, but that is an unbelievable amount of research and work to put that together.  
 

You should be very proud! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

USMC_COLLECTOR

Thanks so much for the praise and kind words Blacksmith! I appreciate it. 
 

21 minutes ago, Blacksmith said:

Once again, fantastic job.  I’m not knowledgeable enough to critique buttons and threads, but I recognize passion when I see it.  
 

I don’t know where yours wells from, but that is an unbelievable amount of research and work to put that together.  
 

You should be very proud! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rakkasan187

One of your best impressions so far.

 

The Veterans that I know from Fox 2/7 who were there at the Reservoir would be very impressed with your set-up. The only thing they would say is that you don't look cold enough..

 

Extremely well done

 

Leigh 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gear Fanatic

I gotta say this is definitely one of the most detailed impressions I have seen on the forum so far, even down to the way the blanket roll sags it just looks amazing. Even the small detail with the hat under the helmet. You definitely should put a hood with it, and also another thing I saw while looking at pictures was that some marines didn’t have helmet covers on, is there a reason for that? Overall this is an amazing impression!

 

-Gear Fanatic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

USMC_COLLECTOR

Thank you so much. I’ve very proud with how it turned out. 
 

1 hour ago, Rakkasan187 said:

One of your best impressions so far.

 

The Veterans that I know from Fox 2/7 who were there at the Reservoir would be very impressed with your set-up. The only thing they would say is that you don't look cold enough..

 

Extremely well done

 

Leigh 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

USMC_COLLECTOR

Thank you! Once the Marines helmet covers wore out there was no resupply so they went without. 
 

33 minutes ago, Gear Fanatic said:

I gotta say this is definitely one of the most detailed impressions I have seen on the forum so far, even down to the way the blanket roll sags it just looks amazing. Even the small detail with the hat under the helmet. You definitely should put a hood with it, and also another thing I saw while looking at pictures was that some marines didn’t have helmet covers on, is there a reason for that? Overall this is an amazing impression!

 

-Gear Fanatic 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Nice.. 

Here is my Chosin Reservoir Impression -"Frozen Exhaustion" (taken photo poses at home)

The most crucial and important gear for reenacting the subject is a suitable "Chosin" Parka.

If given the opportunity, I still suggest that you collect an original USMC (Korean War) "Chosin" Parka.

(SMW also has the reproduction of "Chosin" Parka)

The Army version M1947 Parka has a slightly shorter overall length and there are differences in the details of Parka's waistband design between the two. 

 

Chrees, 

Gavin 

 

 

F18E43A1-1F86-4CF2-9248-0CE264657037.jpeg

FA4BD7A6-5722-48D8-BCFA-C711EA626616.jpeg

34BA032B-68DB-4B78-BB96-E48BC183F54A.jpeg

318EC35F-F524-4ED1-A767-512CE6D105E3.jpeg

DBC50FE8-1C07-4A99-B0D1-FA3FDA16DF67.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

USMC_COLLECTOR
11 hours ago, Gavin.H said:

The most crucial and important gear for reenacting the subject is a suitable "Chosin" Parka.

If given the opportunity, I still suggest that you collect an original USMC (Korean War) "Chosin" Parka.

(SMW also has the reproduction of "Chosin" Parka)

The Army version M1947 Parka has a slightly shorter overall length and there are differences in the details of Parka's waistband design between the two. 

Thank you. I am aware of the differences between the two parkas. The most noticeable difference is the length of the actual parka itself, but since I am tall both will be short. The other difference is the waist adjustment loops for the standard web belt, which is covered up by the gear I wear. Thank you for the photos of your impression, not a lot of people can do Chosin! And welcome to the forum!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...