A few surplus shop pick-ups form today

Nkomo

Wnet to my local surplsu shop and found a few items today. Nothing spectacular, but some neat stuff none the less. The first item I picked up was a 1990's parachutist harness.

Picture_089.jpg

This came with the parachutist harness. Perhaps someone can identify what this is for me. Thanks in advance.

Picture090.jpg

Also picked up this Blackwater Omega VI Elite Dropleg holster that was used by a Marine while deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. This would have been used in the 2004 to 2005 time period. Also comes with a Vega Holster retention laynard and a Spec-Ops brand trouser belt.

Was also able to pick up some ACH/MICH goggle retention straps and a nice WW2 cot. Thanks for looking.

Picture092.jpg

This came with the parachutist harness. Perhaps someone can identify what this is for me. Thanks in advance.

Arch,

Good scores.Hard to tell by the pic but I think its some type of lowering line or strap to secure the rucksack to be dropped.I have one from an 82nd guy and cant remember exactly what he called it.

RD

Arch,

Good scores.Hard to tell by the pic but I think its some type of lowering line or strap to secure the rucksack to be dropped.I have one from an 82nd guy and cant remember exactly what he called it.

RD

Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking that the strap may have been for a bag, but wasn't for sure. Thanks again!

Arch

its definitly a lowering line, the looped end is routed through the X that you form with the H harness on the alice pack and clip end is routed behind the 1950s weapons case, attached to your D ring. the yellow tab it designed to be able to cut away your equipment should there be trouble in the air

its definitly a lowering line, the looped end is routed through the X that you form with the H harness on the alice pack and clip end is routed behind the 1950s weapons case, attached to your D ring. the yellow tab it designed to be able to cut away your equipment should there be trouble in the air

the white tab is what you pull to lower the ruck(the other 2 buckles are leg straps)

Yep..that is a ruck sack lowering line..used one over 125 times in the 82nd!LOL Thanks for the pics..sure brought back some memories! LOVE that Y harness, hard to believe it is all together.

Wade

nice finds Arch!! don;t ya love these good surplus store days??!! Been a good week at 'em for us..lol

Fins..

Fins,

YES, it has been a GREAT week for us at the surplus shop!!!!!

Arch

Arch,

I'm thinking that you have an HSPR:

If you want to part with it, I've been looking for one for a while. Please let me know.

post-4984-1237242015.jpg