Airborne Troop Carrier Captains Uniform

doyler

Here is a uniform i wanted to post after Fighting Irhish had posted his topics on the F2 jackets.

This uniform is one of the F2 jackets that has been utilized as a dress uniform.The cap is original to the uniform and I have a B4 style bad named to the same man,S J Charles.Would like to add that the epaulets on the shoulders were made and added to the jacket.

Thanks for looking.

RD

post-342-1237088988.jpg

post-342-1237089018.jpg

post-342-1237089225.jpg

Ron, that is one sweet coat, any info about what unit he flew with? Mark

Thanks Mark,

No info on him.I never have tried to research it bought this years ago from a guy who did a Civil War catalog and would throw in some US WW2 from time to time.Was crazy money back then,probly not so bad now.I also got a named Brit made,red lined jacket with bullion observers wings from him.There was a hand written note about the guy serving in B24s with the 8th AF.If Irecall correctly.

Hello,

Very nice jacket with a beautiful patch.

Congrats !

Are you sure that the epaulets have been added ? Some models had epaulets, others didn't, like on the B-10 jackets.

So these epaulets could be originals to the jacket.

All the best,

Tim.

Hello,

Very nice jacket with a beautiful patch.

Congrats !

Are you sure that the epaulets have been added ? Some models had epaulets, others didn't, like on the B-10 jackets.

So these epaulets could be originals to the jacket.

All the best,

Tim.

Tim its possible but they looked hand sewn on the edge by the shoulder.I have had this for around 15(?)years.I never paid to much attention to the epaulets til I took the pics.Will check again.Thanks for looking and pointing out the variations.Didnt realize some had the epaulets.

RD

Jeeze Ron you wernt playing around...that is really sexy!!! :love:

Irish,Bill,and Ricardo

Thanks for the postive comments.

Believe it or not this is the only bullion Troop carrier patch I have in my collection.I dont even have a loose one to put in a rikker mount.

RD

I agree. Super great jacket! They are tough to find, and that's a beauty!

J.D.

Thanks JD.

I will have to post my Glider group sometime from a F/O.He was from Minnesota.

RD

I'd love to see that one. I don't have any MN guys items in my collection. One grouping from

Cheese Head country though! :lol: Got to meet him after buying the items. B-17 Navigator

from Eau Claire, WI.

J.D.