2 JUMP STAR PARA WINGS ????

post-5692-1236887936.jpgpost-5692-1236887927.jpgHi ive got these jump wings with 2 stars on them they look right but unsure?? There post war by the look could they be Korea just strange there over here in England if there Korea i just dont know! hope im not draging up any old posts that ive missed

THANKS RICH think.gif

Could have been for a WW2 vet that served later and I do have a set of wings from Korea from a Ranger that has two stars on them.I know another man who was a WW2 4th Batt Ranger who later went to Korea and he also did two combat jumps in Korea.I have his wings from when he served in VN w/SF and he still wore the jump stars.

RD

Thanks for the info its just the way they are marked KREW G-1 1/20 SIL FILLED my wartime ones are maker marked and marked STERLING I have another pair that are wartime i think with an arrow head and 2 stars just can't find them at the mo put them in a box and god knows were ive put it

THANKS AGAIN RICHARD

I'll have to find 'em, but i got 3 or 4 wings from a badge over run that were drilled for stars.. up to 3 IIRC.. I'll dig out the box and try to get good pics.. These are newer ones and some are subdued. I'm pretty sure these are newer, not 70's or 80's stuff.. Veteran pieces maybe? No stars are applied yet tho

Fins.

militarymodels

These are likely Vietnam War jump wings. Most of the Krew GI jump wings are from Vietnam War. However, I've also seen most of the combat stars on the Vietnam War jump wings were soldered on the wings not drilled thru. It could be a theater made I guess... think.gif

Lonny

hi all iirc all 1/20th silver filled wings were made after 1968 which is when they stopped using sterling for insignia brian