CMP 1911

E4B

Well after 8 months I finally got the call.  FOIA from Redstone shows that it was transferred from NSW Crane in 2010.  Put in for a FOIA from Crane and waiting to hear back.  Colt frame (1944) and a Remington Rand slide.  Fit is good and it is buttery smooth on the action.  Looking forward to taking her out to the range next week.  For anyone wondering my RGN was 3800x.  I assume that the only pistols from Crane are USMC/USN?

70623020181__2B0D7A6D-7242-4602-A794-70FDF77D0711.jpeg

70623021936__378875E9-6BB6-4886-B279-55FDCEC02725.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet dude. You lucked out. What grade was this ? I submitted my packed in March. No RGN no email no call. No nothing 🤷‍♂️

Z

Thank you.  I submitted my packet at the end of October, received my RGN on January 17th and then got the call May 17.  Over on the CMP forum I noticed a lot of people got their numbers on the same day as me.  I have a feeling they issue them in groups.  Mine is a field grade, I am very happy with it.  When they called they only had field and rack grade, I am happy because I heard that a lot of the service grade had a post war replacement slide.