FLIGHT BAG B-4

Escht

Some time ago I found a named and numbered B-4 Flight Bag made by ATLANTIC PRODUCTS CO. TRENTON N.J. Bag has following markings on it.... CAPT. RALPH H. SINAY 03388330 OM - 442 - RR (C ).

Has anyone any ideas as to what unit this was.

Bag found over here in UK at a flea market.....

Many thanks

Kevin

Some time ago I found a named and numbered B-4 Flight Bag made by ATLANTIC PRODUCTS CO. TRENTON N.J. Bag has following markings on it.... CAPT. RALPH H. SINAY 03388330 OM - 442 - RR (C ).

Has anyone any ideas as to what unit this was.

Bag found over here in UK at a flea market.....

Many thanks

Kevin

OM - 442 - RR (C ).

Any ideas, Anyone...

Must mean something , does anyone know how to read these markings.

Many thanks

Escht

I looked it up every which way when you first posted... and came up with zilch.

But, I did come to the inference that the guy was in some way associated with USAFE for sure - simply because the googling got me to a unit in Germany he was probably part of (but his name didn't pop out), which would account for the B4 getting to UK.

Sorry I couldn't do better on this one.

I looked it up every which way when you first posted... and came up with zilch.

But, I did come to the inference that the guy was in some way associated with USAFE for sure - simply because the googling got me to a unit in Germany he was probably part of (but his name didn't pop out), which would account for the B4 getting to UK.

Sorry I couldn't do better on this one.

Thanks for your time, I tried all the ways I knew to try and discover who this guy was and what unit but drew a blank........ the bags were private purchase in USA so could be an Officer in the Army..... I don't have any idea of how to check serial numbers or get official records.

The OM on the bag must stand for something, same for the 442 and the RR ( could that be Rifle Regt. ) ( C ) being Company C ?

Whatever the answer it must be something simple, the whole point of marking the bags was to make sure they got to their owner if lost or transported seperately......

Escht

I can say with a certain degree of assurance that the B4 you illustrated was USAF GI, if it is the same as the one I carried between 1964-66... and that there are quite a number of types of aviation cargo bags that go by the name "B4"... including AAF versions.

I don't know if Army or other branches used the B4 specifically... possibly so.