Amcraft

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Amcraft of Attleboro, Mass was apparently providing military insignia of all forms prior to WW2. The Starburst or "snow-flake" pattern is shown here. Typically seen in pre-war insignia, in particular Amcraft used this pattern in its prewar wings and insignia. Attleboro's jewelry industry began in 1780; silverware, scientific instruments, and fabricated metal products were also made. Have found nothing much regards the Company's history -hopefully someone can fill-in the gaps. s/f Darrell

from the collection of Andrew

post_3453_1236729879.jpg

unmarked version from the collection of Keith

capt.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

A new addition, from the collection of Andrew AKA "reinking71" Note, this hallmark shares the "acid test" mark.

msg_3453_1236908136.jpg

notinfringed

Here is the Amcraft hallmark on the back of a medic insignia

post-2011-1237444514.jpg

and three more snowflake patterns on the back of what I assume are unmarked amcraft pieces

post-2011-1237445732.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Levi

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

US Officers Collar Devices with the "Acid test" mark along with the star burst pattern

post-25960-1297317384.jpg

• 3 months later...
son of desertrat

Here are my contributions.

Captain bars. Marked sterling but how the pin is put it its covering it up.

post-7302-1307223633.jpg

Back of US brass that was on a uniform

post-7302-1307223772.jpg

Keenan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know when Amcraft began using the snowflake pattern? During or after WWI??

All indications are WWII and maybe even in the 1930's.

I picked up a pair of Navy Warrant Officer insignia recently. They both have ACID TEST and the snowflake pattern and look identical except that only one has the AMCRAFT name on it.

1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
All indications are WWII and maybe even in the 1930's.

I picked up a pair of Navy Warrant Officer insignia recently. They both have ACID TEST and the snowflake pattern and look identical except that only one has the AMCRAFT name on it.

post-214-1317093446.jpg

These are USAAF, Flight Officer.

Graham

• 6 months later...
aerialbridge
Amcraft of Attleboro, Mass was apparently providing military insignia of all forms prior to WW2. The Starburst or "snow-flake" pattern is shown here. Typically seen in pre-war insignia, in particular Amcraft used this pattern in its prewar wings and insignia. Attleboro's jewelry industry began in 1780; silverware, scientific instruments, and fabricated metal products were also made. Have found nothing much regards the Company's history -hopefully someone can fill-in the gaps. s/f Darrell

from the collection of Andrew

post-376-1236789223.jpg

unmarked version from the collection of Keith

post-376-1236789493.jpg

I believe this unmarked cap device is Amcraft based on the excellent quality of the plating, detail and being marked "ACIDTEST", even though it does not have the snowflake pattern. Gemsco of the same period is very similar, but with some differences that cause me to believe it is not a Gemsco. The Gemsco post end is concave, whereas this is convex, and the great seal motto lettering is taller on this than Gemsco pieces, which also used the "ACIDTEST" marking.

post-18406-1337577869.jpg

post-18406-1337577883.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
triplecanopy

Amcraft supposedly also made US parachute wings. I have never seen an example so far. If anyone has a hallmarked Amcraft parachute badge or one with just the snowflake pattern on the back, I would certainly be happy to see it. Thanks. All the best,

Robert

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

AMCRAFT US Army officer's hat eagle. There are no snow flakes but it does have a good solid AMCRAFT logo on the eagle's tail.

post-87451-0-04904800-1393012641.jpg

post-87451-0-67599400-1393013136.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...