Originality Check on 2 Flight Nurse Wings

Scott C.

Would like opinions on my two Flight Nurse wings. The gold is three-pieces (wing/caduceus/'N'), with reverse stamped STERLING at the lower center, and 1/20 10K GLD FLD along the bottom right wing.  The silver wing is all one piece, with the reverse stamped STERLING in the center.

Thoughts?

Flight Nurse Wings (small).jpg

rathbonemuseum.com

Hi Scott. I don't recognize either pattern and do not match any at http://ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/usaafflightnurse.shtml. That isn't to say they are wrong, just not ones I am familiar with. The gold one I would want to see better detail and especially of how the hinge is attached to the base on the wing. The photo is a little tough to tell but I am leaning towards that being a modern NS Meyer restrike with the incorrect hinge mount (a two footed base) and the uncammed pin.

Hopefully someone has more information to offer on these. 

Hi Scott, I have a fairly advanced collection of Flight Nurse uniforms including 7 different versions of original wings. Unfortunately, I don't believe that your wings are

original WWII issue.

Thanks for your informed replies. I'll try to snap more detailed pics of the reverse of each, just in case - but won't hold my breath . . . 

5thwingmarty

The gold wing does look like a Meyer restrike to me as well.  The silver wing is a bit of a puzzler.  I don't recognize the pattern either, but it does look like a die-struck wing.  If I saw the silver wing for a reasonable price I would pick it up unless someone else identifies it as a known fake.