Overpriced WWI grenade bag

artu44

General Apathy

post-344-1236762909.jpg

I can't explain such high bidding. It's not a very common item but not even so rare, moreover it didn't see action with AEF. Maybe the shoulder strap is the real rare item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270354079831

Hi Artu, I added the photo so that the item can still be seen after the sale ends.

When I was dealing in U.S. militaria I must have had about fifty brand new original straps and over a ten year period doubt if I ever sold one of them.

Cheers ( Lewis )

This is my bag I got for peanuts on UK ebay in april 2007. No strap but I've heard it had to be hooked to the belt. Markings are E&W 7-18.

post-67-1236769519.jpg

texasscotchman

It sure looks nice and minty, wonder where and how it was stored. I have seen some WWI items in almost new condition before but there are sure a lot of replicas and good ones floating around. A lot of money unless you just needed it to complete a display or item in your collection. but just an observation.

Minty condition + several collectors wanting it = high price. Sometimes you see the same thing happen with larger size WWI and WWII uniform items too. At least they won't have to upgrade that one.