2 inch Glider, unknown maker

Hello All,

For your consideration; a two inch NS Meyer pattern glider wing with a cammed pin, an addition to the pin that slides (never seen that before) and an unknown hallmark I have posted in the Hallmark section as well.  It is die struck.  All opinions are welcome.Screenshot_20230418-071357_eBay.jpg.dee827222351739a0d446e011adf8dcc.jpg

I've never seen that hallmark before but I have photos of full size glider pilot wing with an adjustable sliding device affixed to the rear pin.  Your sliding device is only the second one that I've ever come across and it is interesting that they are both on glider pilot wings.  I wonder what their purpose was?

DSCF3802.JPG

I believe it is called a “clutch” and is used in jewelry to prevent a bar pin from slipping. They came in various sizes.

One of my Kinney pilot wings came with one once.

5thwingmarty

In hand can you tell what is inside of the hexagon?  The hallmark and STER mark reminds me of the markings on many of the LGB restrikes.  Bob has a legitimate Meyer 2" Glider Pilot wing in this pattern on his site, so my suspicion is this is a restrike as well made post war for collectors from an original die.

I was going through my reference photos and found another NS Meyer pattern 2 inch glider pilot wing with what appears to be this same hallmark but a post war clutch back piece.  The circular pin bases have those extra antirotating points that you usually find on more current surplus store type copies.

Meyers Pattern 2 inch CB Wing (2).jpg

Meyers Pattern 2 inch CB Wing (1).jpg

I can't make out the logo...perhaps some type of animal.  I have the 2 inch Meyer and there are differences between them.  The G is bigger on the Meyer and the feathering is slightly different.  The "STER" mark also reminds me of the LGB restrikes.  I think you nailed it with the clutchback version.  Looks to be the same mark to me.  

20230424_160417.jpg

20230424_160442.jpg