Phillip Brandt

Does anyone have any good photos or prints of the 1st and 2nd pattern m1892 bridle. (If these are real model numbers. Having some confusion on model numbers). Attached are photos of a bridle that was sold as a draft horse bridle, but screens military to me and I think it's way to small for draft horse. I have compared the buckles to a M1909 and a M1913 and they are very similar, not that those couldn't be used on the civilian market. I disassembled it so it would be easier to see the parts. The rosettes were just flat thin copper disk. Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated and helpful. 

Thanks20230420_183833.jpg.706a7a398fd8791c52cbb61e0f141a21.jpg

Phillip Brandt

An update to this. After looking over the snaffle bit that was attached to it I found a US stamp. Not definitive proof of the bridles model, but supports the idea it is military issue. 

• 5 months later...
Phillip Brandt

I've found Conway buckles on several things like reins, but I think you maybe correct. I just can't find a photo of any military bridles with a two strap crown piece from that period most are a single strap with 4 tails. Thanks for responding.