RIP Henri-Paul Enjames, collector and author of the GI Collector guides

norwegian blue

norwegian blue

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of fellow French collector and author Henri-Paul Enjames. He is well known for this three major reference books on the WW2 US Army GI.

The two tomes of his GI ETO Collector guides have sold in thousands of copies, including the English language version.

Henri-Paul worked for years as a supermarket manager. But he soon tired of waking up too early each morning to restock frozen fish and foodstuffs in the shop and decided to pursue his lifelong collecting interest in a more productive way, that is writing a book.

Before selling his huge collection of WW2 US Army uniform and gear, he took thousands of photographs with one of first digital cameras on the market and then worked several years on this new project.

After publication of volume 1, with the advent of Ebay and the internet, he took advantage of his book rights money to start a new collection, which made up the material for volume 2. Then he started amassing groupings for his third book, ‘GI Stories.’

Henri-Paul remained a very quiet batchelor living on his parents’ farm, and shared his interest with a very tight circle of friends. He got his kicks out of the big Normandy anniversaries, and sometimes going to the bigger shows in Belgium.

He will be remembered as a very serious and dedicated author, always ready to share information with his fellow collectors, and to honor the American soldier.

HPEnjames.jpg

Johan Willaert

Thanks for posting this.

HP was indeed a very nice guy, always passionate and joyful and ready to share knowledge.

• 1 month later...
Sequatchiee

Je suis l'auteur de la photo D'HENRI-PAUL ENJAMES et ami depuis de nombreuses années.

Je cherche à joindre un ami à lui qui est lieutenant colonel ou colonel et Actuellement Chaplain dans l'armée américaine. C'est un grand collectionneur très connu mai j'ai perdu son nom et son contact

Merci à qui me donnera cette information§

Johan Willaert
57 minutes ago, Sequatchiee said:

Je suis l'auteur de la photo D'HENRI-PAUL ENJAMES et ami depuis de nombreuses années.

Je cherche à joindre un ami à lui qui est lieutenant colonel ou colonel et Actuellement Chaplain dans l'armée américaine. C'est un grand collectionneur très connu mai j'ai perdu son nom et son contact

Merci à qui me donnera cette information§

a mon avis, ce serait Bob Heskett…

il est sur facebook ou ici

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/profile/3384-bheskett/

Sequatchiee

Je viens de retrouver : il s'agit de Robert NAY. J'ai besoin de le contacter afin de lui faire part du décès d'un ami Henri-Paul Enjames, merci de me dire comment le joindre, je ne connais pas son pseudo sur USmilitariaforum.

Merci d'avance

General Apathy
On 4/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, norwegian blue said:

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of fellow French collector and author Henri-Paul Enjames. He is well known for this three major reference books on the WW2 US Army GI.

The two tomes of his GI ETO Collector guides have sold in thousands of copies, including the English language version.

Henri-Paul worked for years as a supermarket manager. But he soon tired of waking up too early each morning to restock frozen fish and foodstuffs in the shop and decided to pursue his lifelong collecting interest in a more productive way, that is writing a book.

Before selling his huge collection of WW2 US Army uniform and gear, he took thousands of photographs with one of first digital cameras on the market and then worked several years on this new project.

After publication of volume 1, with the advent of Ebay and the internet, he took advantage of his book rights money to start a new collection, which made up the material for volume 2. Then he started amassing groupings for his third book, ‘GI Stories.’

Henri-Paul remained a very quiet batchelor living on his parents’ farm, and shared his interest with a very tight circle of friends. He got his kicks out of the big Normandy anniversaries, and sometimes going to the bigger shows in Belgium.

He will be remembered as a very serious and dedicated author, always ready to share information with his fellow collectors, and to honor the American soldier.

HPEnjames.jpg

I am sincerely sorry that I have only just read of the death of Henri-Paul, we met some years ago and he very kindly gave me signed copies of his books as a thank you for encouragement he said that he took from me.  I last saw him here in Ste Mere Eglise in Normandy he was a kind and humble soul, and I had thought that we might meet again somewhere in June this year.

Regards Henri-Paul,  Kenneth Lewis.

268th C.A.

He was a kind man, he purchased items from me that are pictured in his books. Something was lost in the mail so I sent a replacement, He sent me his book. RIP..

Rakkasan187

Henri Paul's books are top shelf for ETO uniforms and equipment. The color images of the items are excellent quality. His books will carry on his legacy. 

May he Rest in Peace.

Leigh 

• 9 months later...