Updated Collection Display

Nickman983

I finally got fed up with how I had been displaying parts of my collection and decided to pull the trigger on some more shelving to get the rest of my collection displayed properly. Between waiting on things to show up and getting everything set up and organized I've been working on this on and off for the last month or so and think I've finally got it in a way I'm fairly happy with. At this point, outside of my 2 non US helmets, the only things not on display on the main shelves are one St. Clair liner and a few liners/shells that are either waiting to be listed for sale or are surplus in case I get a lid with no liner. I've also got my ordnance collection mixed in as well. I tried to organize that as best I could corresponding with the era of helmets they're displayed with but it's not perfect as of now.

I'd love to hear any feedback on how I've got things organized/displayed!PXL_20230331_051109044.jpg.07428fc5edef20911239aafdc6818db8.jpgPXL_20230331_051332081.jpg.563b83573debdfa575cc81758e17529f.jpg

carrabassett

Agree, very nice display! It’s nice to be able to see and enjoy the collection you’ve worked so hard on acquiring.

Thanks all! It's really satisfying to finally have everything displayed properly. Especially the flak and talker helmets, they look significantly better than how I had them displayed previously.

I might grab another 48 star flag to hang above the new shelves when I can find one to round that display out a bit more but overall I'm happy with it.

3 hours ago, M24 Chaffee said:

Looks great! You need a WWII tanker helmet though! Lol

Frank

Haha yes, that's definitely something I'll have to keep my eyes out for at some point. But, as I'm sure most of us are familiar with, my want list at the moment is larger than I have space or spare funds for.  When the time is right I'll have to add though!

47 minutes ago, Burning Hazard said:

Awesome display! some real beauties sitting on those shelves.

Pat

Thanks Pat! I know it doesn't hold a candle to some of the collections of other members here but I'm very happy with how I've been able to progress my collection over the years. Now that I've got it displayed properly I'm going to focus on upgrading/checking things off my want list as I can.

Beautiful collection of helmets, I’ve been kicking myself for selling most of my M1s in order to afford more German helmets. But I never had a collection like that, absolutely awesome