The Passing Of Bob Hudson, USMF Founder

vintageproductions

Burning Hazard

Saddened to hear of Bob's passing, he was a great forum member and I exchanged much correspondence with him.

Thank you Bob and RIP

Pat

So sad to hear.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.  May his soul rest in peace.

ItemCo16527

I can't believe Bob has passed. Although I didn't know him personally, I do know he was always a very kind and knowledgeable man. I'm forever grateful to him for starting this forum that has taught me so much and introduced me to so many truly great people. You will be missed, Bob. Rest in peace, my friend.

Rest in peace Bob!!  He interacted with some of my posts over the years, not to mention he lived in my town at one time. Thank-you for all your knowledge, I'm sure we will be reading your posts for many years to come!!  

vintageproductions

Since the shock has worn off since the first posting I thought I would come back in.

Saturday evening I received a text from one of Bob's good friends who filled me in on what was happening.

He said that Sunday morning Bob was being taken off the ventilator.

After reading that text I had more tears then I care to say.

Then the next morning at the show I was at, I happened to look at the clock at about the time the procedure was starting and had to walk outside for a few more tears.

I met Bob through this forum and always looked forward to him coming to the Pomona show just so we could BS a little.

I also always looked forward to the phone calls whenever he did a buy, and if I was able to buy it he would then agree to the price and then throw in, " and a ramen lunch".

His is truly going to be missed by all.

Bob

Rakkasan187

Bob,

Thank you for sharing and opening my eyes...

Well said and a reminder of how we should treat others on a daily basis.

We may not always agree with each other and there may be times when we react with our emotions towards one another, but times like these when we can reflect on the character of a person like Bob and how they treated us reminds us (or at least me) of how I need to be a better person.

Best regards everyone

Leigh 

Such sad news.  Had the pleasure of talking with him a few times.  Always generous with his knowledge and his smile.   A good guy.  
Rob

Browninggunner688

Such sad news, my deepest condolences to Bob's family. I never had the pleasure to meet Bob, but he certainly sounded like a wonderful person. You will be dearly missed. Rest in peace.

Saddened to hear this. I was supposed to meet him for dinner in Oceanside last year but we were never able to make it happen.

In all the years I've known Bob, I don't think I ever saw him say a sharp word to anyone, or be anything but congratulatory towards someone finding a treasure...no envy, no bitterness, and no bad blood. It's getting harder and harder to find gentlemen like him in the hobby.

vintageproductions

Bob's sister posted this on Facebook today:

I had the great honor last Monday of being with my big brother, Crusty Bob Hudson, as he left this world to join those who have gone before him. ALS is a nasty disease that broke down his body in a sad, debilitating way. His mind and his spirit remained strong right to the end. To those of us privileged to spend time with him these past few months, Bob was a constant example of faith, bravery, humility, kindness, strength, love, and intelligence. His quick wit was as sharp as ever and he kept us chuckling at moments that might have been unbearable. I miss him so…

I caught this late, it seems.  Another of God’s good souls and a giver in this hobby gone too darn soon.  Too many I was close with in this hobby have passed and left me not fully recovered.  I am poorer for not knowing Bob better, but the pain would only be worse, and the loss of my dear, old pal, Jim Robertson (Flage Guy), two years ago still has not anesthetized sufficiently.

I wish Bob’s family and friends the peace and love that was yours when Bob was with you, and I hope Bob knows how much he meant to those of us in this peculiar little world we orbit.

I just saw this. I only had one direct interaction with Bob, which, of course, was pleasant. I’m saddened, and also grateful for his years of attention to making this forum what it is today. His family can take comfort in knowing that he was held in very high regard.

I just caught up with this.

Words fail me.

Bob was a mentor to me in my role as being a Moderator on this Forum.  His kind and gentle hand guided me. 

Rest in peace, Bob. 

I'm located near Bob and have benefitted from purchases and information in my interactions. He, along with Greg Robinson and Craig Pickrall, is a major loss to the West Coast militaria community. 

josesharontraders

RIP to Bob Hudson, a true gentleman I dealt with when he ran his Vintage Productions store & when he was Senior Admin Advisor to our forum. God bless his soul.

I haven't been up on the forum in a while.  Sorry to hear of this.  Always interested in Bob's posts, good stuff.