ZULU And ZULU DAWN

patches

Lets add some Stills

Burt Lancaster as Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Durnford makes his Last Stand gong out in a Blaze Of Glory.

Web_bl.jpg

Love it! Thought a lot about Zulu last week as I toured the Lord Ashcroft VC collection at the Imperial War Museum London. Must have drooled over Chards VC for a half hour.  

8 hours ago, patches said:

I Say Chard Old Boy, Jolly Good Show

zulus.PNG

I think a few of these classics are timeless, Battle of Britain, Zulu, The Great Escape and some others posted here I think will stand the test of time as romanticized depictions of these great struggles. For those interested, Stanley Baker was so impressed by the real John Chard that he actually acquired Chards Victoria Cross not long after the movie was filmed and had it in his possession for quite a while. Oooh, to earn the salary of an actor, although I am sure it was much less expensive back then than it is worth today. 

Kurt Barickman

That was in the beginning of the movie, was it something Bob Hoskins calls him out for not paying attention for something and makes him run around with his rifle over his head repeating something like, " I love my colored sergeant more than I love you" or like that. The Lord who has lived among the Zulus shows up and shows everyone his expert shot techniques by hitting  a butchered cow and the kid thinks he is hit and falls to the ground and Hoskins calls out to him," private, you stopped." Probably have the actor's name wrong but great movie. I used this movie and the Sand Pebbles when I taught about latter 19th century imperialism.

Kurt

Major Russell RA right before he and his Rocket Section get  Assegaied, the just got off one rocket before they were overwhelmed remember..

ZD_hale_01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A strange message from Mister Vereker My Lord. It would seem Pulleine has a battle on his hands. No details. No intelligence.

zuluue.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

In the hospital, malingering under arrest. He's a thief, a coward and an insubordinate barrack room lawyer. And you've given him a rifle

zulu hook.PNG

BILL THE PATCH

In real life, hook was not a drinker or maligner. He was an upstanding gentleman. I read somewhere the family was upset of his portrayel