Alaska jump wing oval blue and white worn by charlie airborne ft wainwright, 1968-1970

I believe there is another thread concerning this oval and another that is red and white in color.  My reference says this oval was worn by one of the companies within the 171st and 172nd Infantry Brigades at Fort Wainwright, Alaska.  Checking the Internet I found the following on Wikipedia which isn't always accurate, "The Army set up an experimental Airborne unit with the designation of Company F (Airborne), 4th Battle Group, 23d Infantry in 1962 at Fort Richardson. The company commander was Captain Lawrence. When Army combat forces were reorganized from the Pentomic division battle groups to brigades with subordinate battalions, the group became the 4th Battalion, 23d Infantry and its Airborne component was Company C. The unit was used to determine how best to use Airborne soldiers in Arctic conditions throughout the vast area of Alaska."

Ronald Evers

I was in Charlie company, 6th Bn, 9th Inf Regt, 171st Inf bde from 1968-1969. Lot of FTX and long range patrols. Cold!...Cold!....Cold!. Everybody got some frostbite. One guy lost a finger. Got orders for Vietnam later 1969 and left the cold behind for a warmer climate. Still have some good memories of Alaska. 

Ronald Evers
8 minutes ago, Ronald Evers said:

I was in Charlie company, 6th Bn, 9th Inf Regt, 171st Inf bde from 1968-1969. Lot of FTX and long range patrols. Cold!...Cold!....Cold!. Everybody got some frostbite. One guy lost a finger. Got orders for Vietnam later 1969 and left the cold behind for a warmer climate. Still have some good memories of Alaska. We also wore the airborne tab over the 171st Bde patch.

171stInfBdepatch.png.5e04e9d6a82b12c14509090695e27b80.png

Alpha Manchu 4th of the 9th July 81-December 82 here, We still had 6th of the 9th Unit marked company furniture in our barracks, these were unit marked underneath item, like end tables, desks, chairs.  The way I found out was by flipping these things upside down on the bunk to strip the floor, and I says hey look at this emoticonsmile.png.18d0616f163f961cf486455a43a768d7.png