Recent M3 pickup

dskjl

The two pommel pins are a good sign, however this has been faked in the recent past.  The best way I know to tell is the size of the lettering of "CAMILLUS" on the blade.

The original WW2 lettering will be 1/8th of an inch tall.  The 1990's reproductions will be 5/32's of an inch tall, (a little larger).

dskjl- You're just getting started. I see the addiction already.  We are here for you. LOL! Understand you will want all the variations, blade-dated, blade marked, and guard marked, plus blade& guard marked.  I am up to 53 M3s and counting. Also you will want all the M6 scabbard makers. Enjoy, takes time but you will get there.  This is less than half of my M3 collection.  SKIP

20201213_122006.jpg

20201213_122015.jpg

dskjl,

By the looks of the small collection that you got, and by your latest acquisition, it is obvious that you're patient enough to wait for quality to come along.  Congrats!

CG

I’ve been picking up pointy things like this since I started collecting militaria, they aren’t a core collectible of mine but when I see one I like I try and pick it up.

16B223CD-77F6-46E4-A5DB-FCC0584C5536.jpeg

D7C22236-39C9-4430-8184-918D4C9A2906.jpeg

dskjl.  Looks like a well developed collection to me.  So, if these aren’t your “core collectibles” what are the primary items you collect?

helmets used to be the thing, then I moved on to Generals and Admirals uniforms, then the GO medal groups and now I just pic up little something when I see it.  Suppose I’m waiting for the day it all goes to another collector or Auction house.

be safe

I wish I had started collecting fighting knives instead of tent pegs forty-five years ago!

I was really blown away by the large number of collectible quality shivs!

Thanks dskjl, SHIPH, for sharing your "stuff" with us!

hyrax222

14 hours ago, SKIPH said:

dskjl- You're just getting started. I see the addiction already.  We are here for you. LOL! Understand you will want all the variations, blade-dated, blade marked, and guard marked, plus blade& guard marked.  I am up to 53 M3s and counting. Also you will want all the M6 scabbard makers. Enjoy, takes time but you will get there.  This is less than half of my M3 collection.  SKIP

20201213_122006.jpg

20201213_122015.jpg

Stunning, really stunning