ALUMINUM HILT BOLO KNUCKLE KNIFE

INIMICUS

can someone ID this for me please.  my guess is australia or new zealand-made (or maybe a ship's machin eshop? , but apparently no marking.  quick responses especially appreciated!

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.31.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 1.31.08 PM.png

I'm with Lance on this one. Looks Mexican origin to me also.  The ornate work on the scabbard also has that tooled look from south of the border.  SKIP

thanks guys, I'd recalled seeing similars in walter's book (no longer have it) even down to the tooled scabbard. source also has a krag bayo-turned fighting knife I think from the same estate, and w/the guy's service # scratched in on what looks like a handmade scabbard tho with rivets and snap-strap.  I think both from the same estate.  will ask about mkngs. on the bolo tho not really hopeful...

Oaxaca, Mexico is the area for these. Post War. Yours is nice because up as a fighting knife, many take the "Rambo" route  and add fish scalers, bottle openers, etc..... A company called "Seaport Traders" of California was a big importer of these early 50's- early 70's, but I'm not sure if they imported the knuckle type.