Mint US Navy/USAAF Survival Knife.

Ronnie

I buy a knife if it appeals to me. That means they pretty much have to be mint. I couldn’t pass this knife up. The price was just right and the condition was brand new in-issued. Just stunning. Sorry bout the photo. I will post better photos when I get home. But notice how black it is. No scratches and no wear on the finish.

608BD18B-8322-47C1-AF37-DAE0D32C4B08.jpeg

They look small in photos, but when full open in real life they are absolutely massive. I've got a Colonial and a United Mfg - both AAF versions and unissued.

I never heard of this AAF vs Navy models . I read somewhere the ones w/o bail were either not military Issue or were post WWII , I cant remember which for sure . I dont know one way or the other , just throwing that out there for conversation . I had one w/o bail and I dumped It for that reason awhile back . It did have the saw blade .

Both knives have identical blades, a large cutting blade and a saw blade. The only difference is the Navy version has a bail and the AAF version does not. There is a case just for the Navy version that has USN on the outside and a slot in the cover flap for the bail to go through. The AAF version was made without the bail to store in a C-1 vest pocket.