Did I find an M2 Jungle Kit?

E4B

Hello,

I am fairly new to collecting and I came across this today and purchased it.  From what I can research it mirrors the M2 Jungle First Aid kit.  Was it miss labeled?  They have it listed as an Army Air Corps first aid kit.  The link is provided.  Also does anyone have a source so I can find the replacement contents for what is missing?  Thank You in advance!

https://warstoreandmore.com/product/world-war-ii-u-s-army-air-corps-complete-medical-kit/

It is an M2 jungle first aid kit but it's missing quite a few items. You need the bottle of Frasure's Solution, several 1" x 3" Band-Aids, field dressing, bottle of atabrine tablets.

Thank you!  I am still new to this and had no idea just how many differences there are in gear, especially field gear and even more so with equipment that has disposable components that were likely replaced at the individual level.  That coupled with gear that was issued for 3+ wars makes it hard for me to put everything together!

• 2 weeks later...

I also located and purchased these.  They appear similar to some of the other adhesive bandages I have seen posted on here but I am not certain that they are 100% correct for WW2.

3194AC00-5BA6-4102-BD6B-AA595B9D5807.jpeg

Those adhesive bandages are not correct for your kit.   The Army did not use telephone company marked items in their kits.  Also as far as I know the military did not use the medicated type adhesive compresses like those.

Those bandages are not correct for any military issue kit. Those are correct for a kit that was manufactured by Mine Safety Appliances for Bell Telephone. I suggest you return them for a refund if possible. Moreover, I recommend you hold off on purchasing components until you are knowledgeable as to what to look for so that you can avoid this type of mistake. The best practice is to locate and purchase a complete kit, which can be challenging as they are quite rare. The next option is to find one that is partially complete and missing the least number of components. Then you can look for those components to complete your kit. If you're looking to acquire, or build, an original period kit with the correct components, you need to know what to look out for so that you avoid purchasing a reproduction item.  

On 2/3/2023 at 1:50 PM, E4B said:

Hello,

I am fairly new to collecting and I came across this today and purchased it.  From what I can research it mirrors the M2 Jungle First Aid kit.  Was it miss labeled?  They have it listed as an Army Air Corps first aid kit.  The link is provided. 

https://warstoreandmore.com/product/world-war-ii-u-s-army-air-corps-complete-medical-kit/

You should contact the person that sold you this kit and initiate a return for a full refund on the basis of the fact that: 1.) This is not a "US Army Air Corps First Aid Kit" and, 2.) The fact that it is missing 8 of its 12 components is a clear indication that is nowhere near "complete".
In the attached photo of a complete kit, you only have items 1 thru 3 (black numbers) while items 5 thru 12 (red numbers) are missing.

Moreover, in the photo of the 5 items that came with this kit, compare those items with the items in the photo of a complete kit and note that only 1 bottle of insect repellent and 1 bottle of water purification tablets belong in the kit, not 2 of each. On another note, note that the vial of iodine (item 5) is not even a component of this kit.  

US Army Air Corps 2.jpg

US Army Air Corps.jpg