Is this a WWII Bronze Star?

Grant G.

I read that the indication of a wartime Bronze Star is a solid loop upon which the Star medallion hangs on the ribbon. This example has a solid loop. I also read, however that wartime examples should be stitched to the pin device rather than crimped like this example is? Would love some clarification on this topic!

C7840442-5309-401F-9ECA-0F3313A0DFFB.png

702E2234-2AD9-4921-A23A-20DB31909799.png

Brian Dentino

This is not a WWII BS, at least the broach is a full crimped and not a slot broach.  Sorry, but this is a modern BS in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 9:09 PM, Brian Dentino said:

This is not a WWII BS, at least the broach is a full crimped and not a slot broach.  Sorry, but this is a modern BS in my eyes.

Terribly sorry for the delay, Brian! Thank you for your insights. When you say “modern”, are you referring to no different than those medals issued today or rather just the post-WWII era?

I would say that this medal was manufactured within the last five years or so. I am basing that off of the type of crimp and pin in the brooch and the overall appearance of the medal.

Allan

• 2 months later...

Yes modern brooch, google slot brooch if you want to see how most Wwii medals look, some have wrap brooches but almost all common Wwii medals have two small holes where thread goes through to attach the metal part to the ribbon. Really easy to tell when you know what to look for.